Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How Many Lotus Elite Type 75 Survive? - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How Many Lotus Elite Type 75 Survive?

Guest mkelite

Guest mkelite

Hi guys.not meaning to bore the pants off you but does anyone know how i can get accurate information to try and establish how many Lotus Elite S1 and S2.2 survive? i know the other Lotus Forum is currently asking the same question and i have also recently approached the gov. depts paying their fee to find the same. however they will not help - blaming their system is not comprehensive enough to list specific cars that are registered SORN or MOTd etc. i would also be very interested to know if you guys have any records of how many S1, S2, S2.2 and S3 Esprit survive either?

As ever, any Lotus owners in my area, Milton Keynes - would be good to make contact etc. please drop by.................

Best regards all.

DC.

Edited by mkelite

I managed to come across a few ago on a Lotus forum, or something similar about some information about the number of passes and failures of Lotus at the MOT test. I have the information saved as a spreadsheet, but in summary the figures for the Elite, Eclat and Excel are:-

Elite

I would also be interested to know where Practical Classics get their shock-horror headlines from; "Hillman Avenger GLS - only 4 left!"

That many!

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Dave, are you the Dave who got MJK to sign an internal panel on your car?

There is a registry of Elites and Eclats and I'm trying desperately to remember the name of the guy who has it.....Was at Castle Coombe 5 years ago with him.....Jeez, my brain isn't what it used to be!

While I think Here's MJK with the winner of the Best Elite from that event...Infact it's one of MJK's old company cars!

CastleCoombe05.jpg

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Michael Marsh was the register keeper although he doesn't have a car anymore (I have it!). He'd put a lot of work into it and was reluctant to hand it over. It's been over a year and a half now, so combine that with him moving to a smaller house and I wouldn't hold out much hope it's still around, shame.

It's always going to difficult with this breed of car, always disappearing into garages for extended period sof time.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Yes MArk, it was Michael Marsh. Crikey, small world isn't it!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

....blaming their system is not comprehensive enough to list specific cars that are registered SORN or MOTd etc.

Absolutely typical. You pay a f)(king fortune for them to administer their draconian tax collection system via their bespoke runnyware written by retards who would struggle to get jobs as football club accountants and are not even capable of performing the first act of a child... ie regurgitating that which has been inserted!

Get a life, get some indexes and stop employing the asbo generation as data clerks....

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Guest mkelite

hi guys. interesting to read your comments. to be honest i dont think we will ever be able to confirm accurate numbers of alive n well older Lotus from government systems. clearly im an Elite fan but my first love was always the Europa TC 74/75 then the last series 3 Esprit Turbo.............oh n now the last Esprit V8..............which im trying to get later this year. but most dont really realise that this model Elite was such an important car for Lotus. just cos its a 2+2 it never gets a fair hearing. anyway, any other info grately recieved. best regards all.DC.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mkelite

i wonder if any Lotus Evora bought with the 2+2 option will be snubbed in the future too cos they got more than two seats.............................

Snubbed? Where was that or are you reading into the fact that not many owners are either computer users/on this forum/willing to talk to you that you're being snubbed?

Be factual or jovial, that post appears to be neither.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Guest mkelite

it is fact from my experience...........its not about being miserable. ive had a number of sporting cars and generally, if they have an autobox or four seats they are generally not seen as a true sports car. i can only say what my experience is. everyone talks about the Esprit, the latest Lotus models etc - and i love 'em all - but the on/off fashion stakes with the Elite/Eclat/Excel takes them well down on the list when i have spoken to other Lotus enthusiasts.

Guest mkelite

hi, Buddsy................the only other footnote to my waffling, is id really like to make contact with other Lotus owners near to me to see each others cars, share the experience of repairing and restoring them.............and just confirm im not the only eccentric git with an old Lotus. i'm feeling rather isolated you see...........................boo, hoo! best regards guys DC.

I have always fancied an Elite and generally keep my eye out for good ones that come on the market. Where I live, to own a Lotus with no garage is complete nonsense and as I only have a one vehicle garage the Esprit wins. However if the right Elite at the right time came along I would somehow make it work. Unfortunately here in the states the Elite is almost completely unkown and the phrase 'it looks like a Pinto with pop up lights' is sometimes muttered. I do agree that it is a very much an under appreciated Lotus.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

(Post #1 for Newbie).

I recall that there was an online register of Elites (including Excels??) on a Forum a few years ago.

I think it may have been a Yahoo group. Or perhaps LotusExcelForum. Can find it now though.

Justin