Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Forum Publicity - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Forum Publicity

Bibs

Hello everyone. You're probably wondering why I made this forum and how come I've told the Yahoo group about it, so I thought I should explain my thoughts on the matter.

Basically, I feel that Yahoo is a very poor medium for mass communication and being an email subscriber I have a section of my inbox with 27,000 emails in it so I can search them if I need to. I often arrive in my office to 100 new emails in the morning and read what I want and skip that which isn't of interest. This I feel is a waste of time and with disjointed conversations I also think perhaps I miss some of the information that I should be reading.

Thread based forums such as this are a lot easier to use, and to navigate plus have so much more functionality and a terrific search engine. If you just want to read about events and tech, you can. If you like to chat, you can. You can even subscribe to the events section, never visit the site, and get an email when a new event is posted up with all the details of the post in it. Perfect in my opinion.

As I think a few of you know, I run another forum on this host and software and it's the bee's knee's. Runs very fast, works etc. I had 172 users online at the same time at peak so it's very scaleable and can handle whatever is thrown at it.

The answer to why, is why not.

I hope you enjoy using this forum, and find it an excellent resource eventually for all things Esprit. If you have any problems or questions, please do feel free to ask and I'll answer as best I can.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bibs

This is a great idea a bit like the piston heads site, Iget really pissed off with all the adverts on the yahoo forum.. yes its free... so what, so is the piston heads and thats not saturated with adverts every time you change a page.

Nice one. Ian 90 turbo

Im Brian and so is my wife

Must agree. Works for me Bibs :P

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Thanks guys.

Well it's here for everyone to use, and as always with these things they are what we make of them. So feel free to post as much as you like about whatever you like. If it becomes popular enough, them everyone can use it more often, and it gets better...

So get posting :P

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.