Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Drive your Lotus in Scotland Day on11th April - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Drive your Lotus in Scotland Day on11th April

OK Guys as a number of you will know I tried to get a couple of outings organised last year but with one thing and another nothing happened.

My first proposal for this year is to meet up at Hermiston Gate Retail Park, Edinburgh (timings still to be worked out) and combine a drive around the borders with a visit to Jim Clark Room, Duns. Clicky . After the vist a short blast around the borders again and then a bite to eat at Carfraemill Hotel Clicky. Although we are not a Coach Party we may have to book if there is a number of us. Please add your name to the list below and indicate if you want to stay for a meal.

Clicky here for possible route

I have driven some of these roads and will check out the ones I haven't driven to make sure they are suitable/wide enough for Esprit's.

All Lotus models are welcome.

If anyone has suggestions for future runs or places to vist etc please post your suggestions in your reply.

1 & 2 Brian & Jackie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a long way from Cardiff though, but you would be more than welcome.

Great game today, for 40 minutes I thought Scotland were playing in Red shirts!!!!

Edited by bingoking

Sounds good to me Brian, if the dates work for us, we'll be there. When I moved to Scotland I vowed not to visit the Jim Clark Room until I had my own Lotus. That was a great day four years ago...

2 & 3 Mark and Jane (including munchies)

Edited by hedgerley

Hi Brian, good to chat the other night at the club and an inspired route and location. I was naturally thinking further north but this is equally good and the Jim Clark room is well worth the visit for anybody not been previously. I haven't been for about 12 years.

3 & 4 Allan & Debbie.

We can discuss other ideas in due course.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

You Scots need to learn to list and to count!

1 & 2 Brian & Jackie

3 & 4 Mark and Jane (including munchies)

5 & 6 Allan & Debbie

Good luck with the event, sounds like a fun day out, well done on the organisation so far Brian :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Far to many prerequisites there Bibs. In my defence look at the time I posted it. I barely remember posting that! cheers.gifwine.gifband.gifbeer.gif I rest my case! I was lucky that was all I made a mess off. bounce.gif (watching that bouncing Emoticon is making me feel sick sick.gif)

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Thanks Bib for sorting the post, I was so excited to get positive responses that I didn't check the counting.

Allan, Are you getting ready for ship's time that you were up so late? Hope the apostrophe is in the right place.

Hi Brian, good to chat the other night at the club and an inspired route and location. I was naturally thinking further north but this is equally good and the Jim Clark room is well worth the visit for anybody not been previously. I haven't been for about 12 years.

3 & 4 Allan & Debbie.

We can discuss other ideas in due course.

Allan,

I thought I would try a borders run to see if we get more takers than the proposed events last year. I am sure most of the guys have been to The Jim Clark Room in Duns but it was the only thing I could think of and I know the Carfreamill Hotel does good food. Will you and Debbie be stopping for something to eat? By my count that's 3 cars and 6 people so far. :P

Edited by bingoking

Hi Brian. Yup, count us in for the food. (Note to self: Don't add to Forum threads pi$$ed)

1 & 2 Brian & Jackie

5 & 6 Allan & Debbie (including munchies)

I am doing a seperate tour of Scotland in the Esprit, 1st week of August...

Edinburgh, Fife (sneaking back as I previously lived there), then around the highlands.

I wanted to do it last year but was unable due to my car catching fire, hopefully there will be none of that before August!

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

1 & 2 Brian & Jackie

17 & 143 Gordon & Linda

Hang on

I am doing a seperate tour of Scotland in the Esprit, 1st week of August...

Edinburgh, Fife (sneaking back as I previously lived there), then around the highlands.

I wanted to do it last year but was unable due to my car catching fire, hopefully there will be none of that before August!

Andrew, Let me know when you are back in Fife and we can organise a gathering if you are interested. Where in Fife did you previously live?

Hi Gordon glad to see you are back on the road again.

As for timings and the route these are not finalised yet. The Jim Clark Room is only open from 2-4pm on a Sunday. Depending on the final route it could take from between 1 and 2 hours to get to Duns from Edinburgh so we should probably meet at midday.

Edited by bingoking

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brian,

Just spotted this. Hopefully you wont mind a couple of interlopers with a mere 4 cylinders? We're collecting a new Type 72 Exige 240 in a couple of weeks, so subject to having the running-in service completed, we'd be delighted to join you.

Derek

1 & 2 Brian & Jackie

7 & 8 Gordon & Linda � Preliminary yes� will depend on timings - Will need to confirm later

9 & 10 Derek & Karen - Provisionally, subject to running in being done, and dog sitters!

Edited by Derek

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unwelcome season. 

Hi Derek & Karen,

It would be great to have you along and the outing is open to all Loti whether 4,6 or 8 cylinders.

I saw your new car at MMC on Monday, it looks great.

One question though have you got a black and gold pinstriped racing suit for Kermit or is he to attached to your Elise?

Hi folks, I could defo be interested in this depending on the date. So, I'm defo a possible 11 & 12 depending who I can get to come with me (girlfriends just dumped me!) sad.gif

Keep me posted. Cheers!

Sorry, just re-read that - what a muppet! 11th April should be good for me! smile.gif Keep in touch re times...

Edited by euan888

Hi Euan,

Sorry to hear about the GF.

I have added you name to the growing list.

1 & 2 Brian & Jackie

7 & 8 Gordon & Linda � Preliminary yes� will depend on timings - Will need to confirm later

9 & 10 Derek & Karen - Provisionally, subject to running in being done, and dog sitters!

11 & 12 Euan & ????

Hi Derek & Karen,

It would be great to have you along and the outing is open to all Loti whether 4,6 or 8 cylinders.

I saw your new car at MMC on Monday, it looks great.

One question though have you got a black and gold pinstriped racing suit for Kermit or is he to attached to your Elise?

Hi Brian,

Looking forward to the car car. I handed the Elise over to MMC on Tuesday, and pick the new one up early next month.

Kermit has re-located to Karen's Mini in the meantime, but is busy looking at the Classic Team Lotus webstore for the JPS overalls. :welcome:

Looking forward to catching up again on the 11th, if not before.

Derek

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unwelcome season. 

Mark,

Good to hear from you and hopefully your Elise will be back on the road soon.

I will need to finalise numbers for the Carfraemill Hotel on 4th April if you want to stop there for a meal after the Jim Clark Room visit so if you could let me know by then I would be obliged.

Regards,

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email from Andrew C to say he would be coming along.

1 & 2 Brian & Jackie

11 & 12 Euan & ????

13 & 14 Andrew C & ???

Oh bugger. My wife and I have just booked (and paid for) a trip to the South of France as a surprise 80th for my father-in-law and the penny has just dropped its the weekend of the hoon. Sorry Brian, we will have to demure.

We happened to drive your suggested route yesterday. I had some new ICE fitted by Ray Smith who moved out of Edinburgh down to Dunbar a few months ago (they did an excellent job by the way). Drove down on the A1 and back cross country via Duns, Coldstream and Carfraemill. The weather was glorious and the roads deserted. Knowing where the speed cameras helped but it was a fantastic drive and what the Esprit (or any Lotus in fact) was made for.

For you guys going, I promise you it will be a great day.

Mark

It was a great day for a drive, I was down that way yesterday in the Elise but didn't see any other Loti.

I am planning to recce the whole route next Sunday with Allan (Al.) just to check the timings etc. so if you fancy a run let me know.

What ICE did you have fitted, I remember you had a question about the unit James (EspritMiltonKeynes) has fitted to his car?

Thanks for letting me know about the 11th and enjoy the South of France.

Its the JVC KD-AVX40 plus DAB unit and Bluetooth Brian. I fancied the idea of just a blank screen when its off. The proximity sensor for the controls is a bit weird - it comes to life when your finger is about a cm away then disappears when not in use. Good for impressing the neighbours though. I've just got in from trying to programme it up. A bit complicated but getting there. Sound quality and video from the iPod is excellent, as are DVDs, despite the single DIN size. Which I won't be watching when I'm driving officer. Honest.