Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What brake pads are you using ? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What brake pads are you using ?

At the moment I'm using EBC yellow staff and I'm happy with that.

My Esprit has Hi-Spec. front and Brembo rear.

Before the next MOT (April), I will upgrade AP caliper front with 320mm*32mm disks.

And maybe I should try with another type pads.

Any comments ?

Yasuo

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I remember, the EBC Green pads SJ supplied with their AP Racing kit, were crap.

I remember people rather happy when they replaced them with the fast-road pads from Mintex or Ferodo (DS4000 IIRC...)

Edited by troutrou

Pete Musgrove (PNM) recommended Mintex 1144 to me when he sold me my Hi Spec kit. I went with that and they're fine now they've bedded in. This is mostly for normal road use and occasional track sessions. If you're going AP then you'll have even more track capability, and if thats the purpose then Green Stuff will be poor, Red stuff would be OK (was on my Carlton with an AP set up) but yellow stuff is probably still the best EBC choice if you can stand the dust. If you give the Mintex a go - and if you are regularly tracking you may need 1155s instead of 1144s.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

on my GT3 fitted EBC Red, I think much strong, expecially for someone like me that use the car really occasionally never track or really hard use of brake

they need goes on temp before give you the best performance

I looked another GT3 with Ferodo or Mintex and they were really good, much better than mine pads

I think that the EBC Green could be much better than mine, for someone that not stress the brakes

the important think is choose for the type of use, for example don't choose yellow (perhaps also red) if you use the car normal and everyday, or have a drivestyle normal

Thanks for the commets :thumbsup:

I'm driveing Esprit every day and not driving on track.

I agreed the green staff ! I used a few years ago and it's not good under the low temp.

For the price EBC yellow staff and maybe I will try Mintex or Ferodo

Yasuo

Did they come with pads? My APs did and if I'd have fitted them I'd have happily used the supplied pads and they would no doubt have been ace. If you've got some in the box don't bother sourcing others from elsewhere matey :thumbsup:

Chunky Lover

Oh yes I bought AP caliper from Lotus sale few years ago and it's incl. pads ! but I don't know what manufactur ?

Edited by esp88

I don't know if AP make them or not, but even if they don't they are AP approved and I'd use them over ANY EBC pad, green, red, yellow, pink, whatever!

Only worry about replacing them when they've worn out, don't bother wasting your money on a new set already :thumbsup:

Chunky Lover

The idé is I have to buy/replace rear pads before the MOT and I thought, maybe good idé to use the same type pads all around.

Yasuo

Personally I like mintex, from my rallying days, a VERY good brand of pad. Get yourself some serious brake fluid to make the best of them like Castrol SRF. I'm sure your hoses are braided already, but if not, nows the time to change them :thumbsup:

Is it worth a refurb of the rears while your at it? Get that handbrake working nice and sweet :)

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Thanks Simon

The brake hoses are OK. I will flash the brake fluid when I replace the front caliper and all the brake work.

Espec. we had/have very could winter her with too much salt on the road. So, I'm hoping spring with plus tempratur outside soon.

• 1 month later...

I have the EBC yellow on there from when I tracked it

with Toyota calipers

put braided lines on and the diff was night and day!

even with new syn fluid, brake fade was horrid after a few laps

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND