Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1. Bahrain GP - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1. Bahrain GP

Bibs

Unfortunately a plan to hire a cinema and watch the GP has fizzled out due to the BBC and their rules/regs. I was in talks with the team and we would have had a nice message from the guys out in Bahrain to us too, but watch this space as hopefully I may be able to sort this for sometime later in the season. Imagine, 40' high F1 in DTS surround with your pals, awesome!!

Instead, I'll be watching the GP on my big telly at home in HD with a beer or twenty. Any fancy popping over?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

50", real beer :D

I'm marshalling the Britcar at Brands on Saturday, perhaps if anyone wants to come along in the evening we can have a night out/dinner/drinks perhaps? We've 3 spare bedrooms/sofas/wendyhouse in the garden etc :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

There will be no HD, Formula One Management who do the host coverage for most of the races have decided not to bother with HD yet again.

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

• Gold FFM

I wonder if it'll be in HD here? It's being broadcast on channel tens HD channel. If the feed though is SD then that'll be all we get. Tell the truth, other than a difference in sound, I can't see any difference.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Eh what Simon?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I think what Ramjet means is there is litle difference between digital and HD as apossed to analog and HD.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I would come Bibs but its Mothers Day, so I will have an nice lie in followed by breakie in bed.

Then my afternoon activities will be to watch the Grand Prix lounging on the sofa and perhaps consuming the odd beer while John cooks lunch. Sorted! thumbsup.gif

Eh what Simon?

Just found it a little amusing you notice a sound difference and not a picture difference in HD. Diddnt think the sound signal was any different. Anyways the things that make me laugh are most usually a little simple :thumbsup:

Chunky Lover

• Gold FFM

Big sound difference, but very little difference in picture here, but we are in the colonies.

I'd come Bibs, but can't be bothered booking the flights for just the weekend. :thumbsup:

For those of us who have moving satellite dishes, I will try to put up tv feed information for you to watch the practices

Here are some details with regards to watching todays practice from Bahrain.

For those who can programme their satellite receiver input these settings;

Eutelsat W1 (10.0°E)

Fréquence: 11127 - Pol: H - SR: 7200 - FEC: 3/4

Catégorie: Sport - Formule 1

Transmis en: MPEG-2 4:2:0 (PAL)

Edited by botus

• Gold FFM

Unless you don't live in the UK Andy. Bummer.

Watching live. Lotus 9 secs behind leader, but are they using full fuel? Interesting they've now changed the engine cover and gone with the shark fin to see if it improves their performance.

Positive? Hispania are behind them!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

5 seconds off the pace at the end of the second practice. Could be a lot worse and pretty much around the same gap after testing. With everyone trying different tyres and unknown fuel loads. who knows?

I can't see any footage until 10:30 Sunday night over here. :)

Here are some details with regards to watching todays practice from Bahrain.

For those who can programme their satellite receiver input these settings;

Eutelsat W1 (10.0°E)

Fréquence: 11127 - Pol: H - SR: 7200 - FEC: 3/4

Catégorie: Sport - Formule 1

Transmis en: MPEG-2 4:2:0 (PAL)

Well done.....:)