Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Supersports exhaust from the TLF shop - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Supersports exhaust from the TLF shop

alan

Hi Guys,

The standard exhaust on my S4s died recently so I have been looking into the different options to replace it.

I started looking at a system with a valve that could be switched from straight through boy racer mode (left hand exit) or through a silencer (right hand exit). Whilst not technically difficult it was going to cost ££££

In the end I went for the supersports system from the TLF shop. This has no silencer at all, but the advice was that if you still have the standard catalytic converter its noisy but not too noisy.

I am really glad I did and can recommend it - its a really well made system, does not restrict flow and saves weight. I went for a single exit to save having to get a new rear diffuser.

At idle it has a throaty burble, powerful but not annoying.

Driving normally at low throttle its pretty quiet - in fact with the windows up you can not really hear it. Its fine for long trips and I can still talk on the (hands free) phone.

At full bore however its a beast. You can hear it from miles away. When you back off it pops and crackles - flames come out.

Recommended!

Alan

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey

Yesterday I replaced my old standard exhaust from 95 on my S4s, with one I from TLF shop, Quicksilver without silencer, twin pipe.

It was not bolt on, but quite easy to change, about two hours.

Driving normally at low throttle its more quiet than the old standard exhaust, but what a beast on full throttle.

Yeah it pops and crackles - flames come out.

On my first trip, I went trough a police control (Norway), without problems.

Recommended!

• 3 weeks later...

Hugo, you still have the cat ?

I'm thinking about removing the cat, shooting flames must be sooooooooooooo nice :cheers:

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

• 4 weeks later...

Hey

Yes I have the cat still on.

I'm not sure if I will remote the cat. Why? Because I have 120+ db at 6500+RPM. Above 6500 it screams like my old Ferrari. Below 5000 I can hear the radio and talk in my mobile.

I love the sound is round 3000 RPM:-)