Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
....... And another Elite on Ebay..... a S2.2 tho. - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

....... And another Elite on Ebay..... a S2.2 tho.

Guest mkelite

Guest mkelite

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

another Elite on Ebay this time a S2.2 so WELL worth saving please.

where would we be without Ebay!

(hope ive set this link properly, not sure about that type of thing guys! dont laff!)

anyway, a few oddities if you look close, fed repeaters, odd carpeting with seat colour dash arrangement?, seats look a bit tired for claimed mileage?, black spoiler?, S1 chrome sill finisher? and a yellow expansion tank? S1 steering wheel too? but.......................... SAVE THAT ELITE!

regards. DC.

Edited by mkelite

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mkelite

certainly bit of a miss match eh? if you could see the doors more clearly - you may be able to see if the later door moulding shape for the later door mirrors is there or not to also indicate a S2.2? but cars like this strangely worry me............. sad %"* aint i! maybe overseas original sale then shipped back to uk years later. bit of this n that added? regards. DC.

I posted about this before, a real oddbod. Looks like a LHD converted to RHD (the nearside bulkhead looks like it once housed a servo, and is lined with vinyl instead of being bodycolour), the expansion tank system is also definitely S1.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

It certainly looks like an S1 but it appears to be in good nick. At 1500 pounds right now and above the reserve so someone could well get a bargain.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Guest mkelite

gosh how demanding................

as instructed i have made contact with the vendor and await his advice..................... DC.

he has just advised me its an original S2.2 uk car. the 'extras' dont make sense to me then............. DC.

the seller is a lyer or has no glue about these models.

he wants to make believe this is a s2 car with a galvanized chassis, people bid and finally receive a rotten basket case.

its definatley a S1 car which, whyever was registered when the series2 was already on the market. the idea of being a LHD which was converted to a RHD makes sense.

the chassisnumber would clarify everything.

also the bidder-history tells me that the price gets pushed by the seller.

Edited by Elite7

the seller resists on the opinion that it an S2 car, with a 2.2 engine, incl. a galvanized chassis (thats what he has been told)

bla,bla,bla....

but the engine-number starts with 907!!!

so this car is definately a S1 model, pressumerable without a galvanized chassis, which whyever has a late reg.date.

Just had a good look at the pics of the blue "S2.2and its got the S1 gear stick..... me thinks the seller doesnt know muchabout the car...

however there is a stunning red S2.2 with red hide on ebay now, shame about the colour coded bumpers, but a stunning looking example none the less

The red one has been on a couple of times before recently without a sale. Guy Emmerson on here went to view it and wasn't completely impressed, but that was when it was advertised at £750 more. According to the blurb last time it could have been one of Fred Bushells company cars.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

the seller of the blue one deals with cars.

so i´m not sure if he really doesnt know much about the car.

even with a 907engine number he keeps stubborn in telling its a 2.2 car because the logbook says its a 2.2

i can imagine why the logbook says that: the car was first registered in Uk when the S2 have been already on the market since 2 years. so everybody "thought" that this must be a S2 car, ergo they, by mistake, used the data´s of a S2 car.

The red car happens to be my car, always of interest what is not to be impressed about it? Its a good original car that drives extremely well and is how you would expect to find what is mainly an original car (i have had around 13 esprits in various conditions so when some one describes an original car i know what i am going to see). The reason for sale is i have 6 cars and i want an Esprit Turbo again to compiment my S1 which has done 42,000 miles and is totally original yellow with tartan etc but that may also not impress, but i wouldn't change it.

If it doesn't sell i keep it oh well, mind you i still fancy putting S1 wheels on it just the hub changing bit puts me off.

Edited by Roger Moore

Thank you gentleman, :cheers:

Guys - I have the winning bid on the S1/S2 Elite that you have been discussing. I am due to go and collect/pay for car on Sunday. Found this site by chance. As you are all much more knowledgable than me on the matter, can you advise me whether you think this is a pup or not before I part with my hard earned cash? If the car is indeed an S1 then I am not as interested. At 2050 GBP the price seems reasonable but how can I prove the provenance of the car´? Your help is urgently required

Jason.

First of all - welcome! This site is brilliant for tech knowledge (and useless chat!).

I think we've come to the conclusion that this is a S1 car. 2k is a good price, in my opinion, for that. You have to bear in mind that we have all only seen the car in the pictures and not gone over it with a fine tooth comb so we have no idea if this going to turn out to be a dog of a car.

Let us know if you do get it!

Paul

Why don't you offer petrol money for someone with experience to meet you there for a once over before you part with your hard earned? Where is it located?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Thanks guys. Car is located in the wilds of Scotland - kirkcaldy to be precise. Bit difficult to persuade anyone to venture that far. Whilst I am new to Lotus I have a small amount of technical knowledge on cars overall, so perhaps you could give me some key points to check over on the car when I travel up there. If it then turns out to be naff I always have the S1/S2 get out clause to fall back on.

Guest mkelite

the series S2.2 was made from May 1980 and finished in Oct 1982 although apparently the odd car was made in 1983 according to some records. the S2.2 has a galvanised chassis covered in black bitumen. the series one chassis is NOT galvanised. S2.2 cars have; a small shape on the doors where the black metal electric mirrors are attatched. the S1 usually has chrome mirrors on a flatter plane. S2.2 cars have a different design steering wheel - the S1 has generally a plasticised steering wheel. the S2.2 has electric lifted head lamps, totally different rear bumper with Rover SD1 lamp clusters, redesigned skirt sills and front spoiler. the S1 has a chrome colour sill strip. the alternator on the S2.2 is a later unit completely and various under bonnet details that u need to look up in a book to be honest. trim in the S2.2 is usually much better mainly leather or leather seats with inserts altho there are some material variants. the S1 has a crushed 'velvet' look material generally. the s2.2 is obviously the later 2.2 ltr engine shared with the Esprit of that period. S2.2 have a wood effect switch gear panel centre dash board, a rear wash wiper on the rear screen, outside turn lock to open the hatch, turn knobs for the seat adjustment. thats about all i can visually add for you to identify a S2.2 from a S1 - obviously some mechanical differences! hope that helps in some way. best of luck. regards. DC.

pic of my S2.2.