Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Petition To Keep Lotus Trim Shop Open - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Petition To Keep Lotus Trim Shop Open

Hi fellow lotus owners. If you frequent Seloc then you may have already read this in which case, apologies.

Bell & Colville a few days ago confirmed that the Lotus trim shop is to close which I think is very bad news. The existence of a trim shop at the factory is quite unique to Lotus and sets them apart from other sports car manufacturers. I'd also personally much rather have my refurbs done at the factory than an independent.

We have started a petition which I will very shortly be sending to Lotus. If you feel the same as the 122 other Elise and Elan owners who have already signed the petition, please add your vote and comment to the online petition, found here :-

http://www.myonlinepetition.com/petition/340/Keep+Lotus+trim+shop+open/

thanks

Nick

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I would like to add my name to the petition but..... it is highly unlikely that I would ever use their services.

Asking them to keep a facility which I won't use may not be wise, given the current economic climate.

smile.gif

It's getting there......

I wonder if Mr Baha will take 5 or 10 seconds to click 'delete'?

Course it won't mate. He has a history of selling bits off, making money, and moving on. In five years time he'll have left the company an even wealthier man than when he joined it, as thats what he does, Thats all he does, You can't stop him! (err that might be the terminator but you get the idea, thats what his career is built on).

I voted for the trimshop anyhow, while it might not save them, a big petition will look good on their CV.

:rolleyes:

I may be cynical, but you might be better engaging their services en masse if you want to make a difference. Its a business not a charity ! I wonder just how many of us would use this as an after market facility ? If not, what are you petitioning ?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I've signed, not because I will ever use it but because it'll be the service centre next, and all the things that say Lotus care about the ongoing ownership of their vehicles.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I will not bother to sign this – they have clearly made up their mind to close the trim shop, and a petition will just be a waste of time I’m afraid...

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Sadly, I think this could be the tip of the iceberg. Whats next? Service Centre? Engineering? Out sourcing parts again?

I have signed the petition. It's a shame that no attempt to market the trim shop globally, has been made. It's easier to say something doesn't work, and blame economics, when you haven't even tried to build it as a business. Engineering started small like this and is now a global leader of Engineering worldwide.

I don't think Mr Bahar will listen in the slightest, like Paul says, he is there for one reason only and it has nothing to do with Lotus History, keeping jobs in Norfolk and the UK, or developing the company. It's all about one thing.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Spoke to a guy at last Sunday's Henham Wings & Wheels about this, his Esprit HC apparently was the last car to trimmed fully (looked absolutely fantastic), he said they were stopping. Apparently all work from what he said will be directed to people like Nick Fulcher.

Although I don't need trim work done on my cars at this time if I did the Lotus trim shop would be my first port of call. They might not be the cheapest, they might not be the best but I like Lotus and that's why I bought the cars, they might not be the cheapest, they might not be the best but I like the brand and always have.

It is probably down to economics but if this closes what will be next, the service department, driver training and will they stop the Factory visits and gatherings.

Maybe they are too reasonable if it is an economic decision to close.

Signed.

Apparently all work from what he said will be directed to people like Nick Fulcher.

Could be worse, good for Nick, I suppose. :lol:

• Gold FFM

would say: *The new Lotus CEO should think about what handcrafted British Automobile manufacturing stands for...*

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I'm with Paul, the only way to keep a service like this open in a commercial organisation is to have it make profit, or at the least, make such a small loss that it is out-weighed in the benefit it gives to other aspects of the company by its presence.

Lotus will probably just out-source trim work, so I'm sure those in the trim shop will be OK, and I really hope that is the case.

Like i said, i signed as i think a list of thousands of people saying how good you are is a good thing for the guys to have on their CV regardless of what happens to the trim shop (my money is it will be axed to fund a really swanky desk/ swivel chair combo for the new CEO's norwich penthouse).

My Elise S1 is not going to keep the trim shop busy for more than five minutes anyway. But the fact they offer GOOD prices should be shouted about more (by them) as people, as on this thread, assume the factory shop will be an expensive option. The new owner of my old S3 shopped around suffolk for retrim prices, tried Lotus last, and took it to them as they were cheapest.

Excellent job they did too.

:)

Bibs --

I don't know if they already do this, but in order to keep it open, offer a program similar to the "Sonderwunsch" (sp?) department at Porsche, where they will do just about any interior for a customer for a price. In other words, if you don't like the colors offered for a 911, Cayman, whatever, you can pay big money to have them do it any way you want. Ferrari does this for some of their customers, too (hint hint, Dany-boy). Porsche does it for paint and interior; Lotus trim shop could become the factory special shop for made-to-order interiors.

- Tony

p.s. will sign petition this evening . . .

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE