Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Help identify the model - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Help identify the model

Hello, guys

I am considering buying a LOTUS Esprit and a little bit confused with model

It has THF in VIN, 082 in engine number and produced in 1996 with S4 sticker on rear quater window.

But it has Brembo brake calipers, that suits the S4s description on LotusWorld by LEW.

Alloys are one-piece, rear wing on the half way on the back.

Could you clarify the situation?

And what to look for before buying?

One thing that confused me most was the brake pedal. I had a (forgotten) feeling braking the car with the engine killed. It felt DEAD hard and without any assistance. Current owner advised me that it should be considered as normal and one should have brakes 'heated up' to brake normally. Is it true?

Thanks

YURI

Moscow

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I seem to remember the single pot Toyota calipers were replaced in later models.

Sounds very much like an S4 to me, possibly with a brake upgrade.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

The 'T' in 'THF' indicates it is manufactured in 1998 and the 'F' that it is LHD. The 3 digits after the '082' will indicate the engine size, 910 is the 2.2l and 920 the 2.0l.

The photo would suggest a 2.0l S4 because the exhaust exits on the left hand side.

The brakes they do not have the best feeling but they certainly should not be hard.

Edited by sailorbob

Yes, Bibs, that is the car.

I am amazed with your providence! Do you know the owner, the car itself?

Would you advise me to buy it? or look for another (if there's one...)?

In fact, it is clearly stated S4 on the rear window, but I was confused with Brembo calipers and absence of an airbag. All cars on the Net were equipped with airbags by that year

What can be told by the placement of the exhaust pipe? I didn't see any mention of it on LotusWorld.

And T stands for 1996, afaik.

Thank you for your answers, guys, it's very helpful to get support from the marque's homeland.

YURI