Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Supercar Sunday 27th June - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Supercar Sunday 27th June

martynv

Hi gang,

Collecting the tickets is fairly quick and easy ......you don't even have to get out the car :horse:

Drive in the main entrance and a lad with a bucket full of envelopes will hand you your groups tickets and wrist bands. Job done.

Dave Oneshot found us the Red Lion last year because his relatives live in the village.

The landlord was very obliging and even indicated that this year you lot may even be able to buy bacon butties and coffee off him. Check first though, because he's probably forgotten all about it.

Sadly I can't make it this year because I'm in Canterbury that weekend. It'll be the first one I've missed in 5 years.

Hope it's a good 'un and make sure you race the Go-Karts ( tickets in main building )and watch Russ Swift :)

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I would like to go in my S1 would that be ok ?

Best wishes

Matt

PS I also live 10 mins away form the Red Lion Inn if that helps

Edited by Matt-watts

The more the merrier :yes:

Matt, I'm confused, thats not Northamptonshire!!

Where do you live then?

Can prob run a deputy ticket collector, do we know if they can be picked up before the day as I'm quite often buzzing around over there as my mom lives in Gaydon and my sister works at Aston?

Ta

toby

Toby,

I asked the same question last year and was strongly advised that this was NOT possible :horse:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Hi Guys,

Toby: Thanks for your offer and you are now the official deputy ticket collector. I'll send you all the info as soon as I have it as well as my mobile number. Graham has answered the question on whether it's possible to pick up the tickets beforehand which it would seem it probably not.

Mike: Yes I will bring my bucket and sponge, which I sadly forgot to take to castle combe.

Matt: Unfortunately at present we've reached our limit of 12 cars, however it's quite likely someone will drop out. Last year at least two people didn't show up so there were free car passes available, so if you're not far away why not come anyway at worst I've still got one free ticket but no car passes so you could get in for nothing just not with your car.

Graham: Thanks for all the extra info, much appreceiated.

Martyn welcome.gif

Even if noone drops out....IIRC there's usually quite a few individual cars around as well as the club groups so I suspect that if you came along Matt (and I guess paid for your ticket on the gate) you'd probably be allowed to park up with us. But even if not there'd be room in the display car park somewhere!.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Hi Again,

Well the good news is we have finally got our confirmation email, so we're now all set to go :) . The bad news is that it would seem that the Red Lion Inn may be currently defunct. The phone just comes up as disconnected and information from a pub web site indicates it was temporarily closed in March 2010 and worst still the then owners Enterprise Inns no longer list it as one of their pubs. Since I'm 100 miles away I can't just drive round there to check whats going on so unless anyone has a better idea I think we should meet at the Club Meeting point at the Heritage Center. A PDF of the meeting point can be found here. I can then collect the tickets and hand them out at the meeting point.

Martyn :huh:

Hi Guys,

Well no objections to meeting at the Heritage Center meeting point, so we'll go for that then. I'll try and be there by 9.00am or slightly earlier if possible to hand out the passes and wrist bands. If I get stuck I'll contact Toby and he'll collect and distribute passes and wrist bands until I arrive.

Martyn :D

Sadly I can't make this one. So it looks like Matt can take my place if he still wants to go.

Really gutted as I've not been to a single event or meeting this year and was looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Hope weather stays nice for you guys and have fun!

Regards,

David Walters

Shame you couldn't make it Dave, would have been good to see you again.

I've sent everyone except those with basic accounts the PM listed below. Those with basic accounts will have to email me for my mobile number if required.

Hi Guys,

Well we're nearly there in case you haven't noticed it's this coming Sunday !. Just a few notes to make sure things go smoothly. Firstly though:

1) If you aren't coming please PM me ASAP so I can open up another place for someone

2) Matt, Dave Walters has had to pull out so if you are still interested you can now have Dave's place. Let me know ASAP if you still want to come along.

Meeting Point

--------------------

As already noted in thread we will NOT be meeting at the Red Lion as it appears it may have closed down. We WILL be meeting at the venue in the Club Meeting Area. The address of the Heritage Motor Center is:

Heritage Motor Centre

Banbury Road

Gaydon

Warwickshire

CV35 0BJ

Telephone: 01926 641188

Fax: 01926 645103

We will meet in the Club Meeting Area detailed in the PDF file below:

http://www.homepages...g-Point-Map.pdf

I aim to be there from 9.00am onwards to distribute passes and wrist bands. If there are problems Toby will take over and distribute passes and wrist bands for me. I would hope to drive down to the club area around 9.30am or a little earlier if everyone arrives earlier. If you arrive late ring me on (email me for number) and I'll bring your pass etc up to the meeting area.

If you have any questions please PM me or email to m.vale@ucl.ac.uk.

See You Sunday

Martyn.

Ok guys still looking good for me and Gavin, sorry been off line for a week (diving in Red sea!) see you around 9am at meeting point.

Dont worry,be happy.............

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies etc. I still haven't heard from:

waynef

mr.oogieboogie

Matt-watts

Can you guys please confirm ASAP if you are still coming.

Thanks

Martyn :)

I still haven't heard from:

waynef

Martyn....There's a post elsewhere that suggests that Waynef has sold his car

<here>

...so I'm guessing a no show for him....

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Hi all I have two places left on the lotus drivers club stand

please email me are give you the code to get the pass to get in .

Edwardking159@msn.com

thanks eddie

Thanks for the detective work Mike. Matt has just confirmed so we have one free space left following Waynes departure.

****** ONE FREE SPACE AVAILABLE SO WHO WANTS IN THEN ? ******

Let me know or post in this thread ASAP

Martyn :wine:

Hi Martyn & co. I have managed to get my own pass, will it be ok to join up with you guys at the mtg area? I have a white '90 NA with SE front and black wheels; for identification purposes!?!

Cheers, Martin

• Like 1