Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 77 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

I'll always be a fan of the Esprit S4 ...... it was my first Lotus ..... 

@TheKevlarKid

As the Color red does not appear that often in the "GTE Registration list" I guess that the red one is yours as buildt by you as the 21st GTE? Color / wheel Combo nice in my eyes although your silver GTE is unbeaten ...(as always: tastes are different) 

@Snoopy1969

:)

Correct, the red car is one of the original GTE's they built back in 2011, just that it's not one of the 20 factory cars they rebuilt in 2015... I converted it using factory parts for track use myself.

I like both of the colour combo's to be honest, and cant quite decide which is best. The red/gold is very loud but great colours for a track car, the silver a little more subdued and understated which again is nice for a road car. Best of both worlds!!

Edited by TheKevlarKid

@TheKevlarKid

Indeed!!!! Great work - I know some People will throw Stones on me but a "no 21" on the registry would be fine........(maybe you have worn a "Lotus Motorsport"-Sweater when building it.... ;-) 

Edited by Snoopy1969
  • Like 1

Cheers Jay 

Not at all, I have given up trying to contain it.  :) 

Your local to me, only 20 minutes down the road. I'd be very happy to take you out for a spin in the silver one, or if you fancy it when I'm next at Croft with the red one come down for a pax ride...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@TheKevlarKid

I take it that it was your red one that was in Steve Adkins place getting a diffuser fabricated when I was enquiring about having a road-going version produced for mine?

Photo of your derrière from SA's Book of Farce page? :

Evora GTE racing rear.jpg

4 hours ago, TheKevlarKid said:

Cheers Jay 

Not at all, I have given up trying to contain it.  :) 

Your local to me, only 20 minutes down the road. I'd be very happy to take you out for a spin in the silver one, or if you fancy it when I'm next at Croft with the red one come down for a pax ride...

What an offer,  I would love to come see you at Croft. If nothing crops up in the near future and you have some spare time on your hands just Pm me and ill pop down I would love to see them on person

17 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

@TheKevlarKid

Indeed!!!! Great work - I know some People will throw Stones on me but a "no 21" on the registry would be fine........(maybe you have worn a "Lotus Motorsport"-Sweater when building it.... ;-) 

...... Stay tuned for Number 22, coming this summer ....    (OK, not a real GTE, but as close as you can make one from scratch, and the only one North America ..... )

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TheKevlarKid said:

Not a sweater, but I did have the original "Lotus Sport' signage that was on their building overseeing the conversion… :)

IMG_20150805_190614_zps4fbtsqkx.jpg

Probably a stupid question, but what is keeping it away from being road legal? Is it a no-go or simply Lotus never registered it and that was part of your agreement with them to recover it from the scrapyard?