Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 85 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

No. Still not doing it for me. The Essex Blue, the red, the metallic green all make me moist. But the gulf car is just not doing it for me I am afraid. Not even tempted to go and look at it now.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I'm also in the "not doing it for me camp" but I guess everyone is different in their likes & dislikes. 

Colour is always a personal thing but that shade of blue doesn't, IMO, suit the car at all

Nope, does nothing for me either. I didn't vote for it as I can't ever remember Lotus being associated with Gulf. 

I stand to be corrected of course.

Yellow with yellow stripes does it for me :)

This is the first one that I've seen where the cowl thingie on the front is painted body color. Gator Motorsports (US forum) photoshopped some examples with that scheme awhile back. I need to see it in different colors--not sure if I prefer it this way or with the black. 

Edited by ByJoveByJingle

Think I like the top of the painted rear spoiler, but not the underside. The way th brake light stands out, makes it look a bit unfinished because it's so dark against the light blue.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

1 hour ago, The Lotus Position said:

That's the best looking 400 I've seen yet.  By getting rid of the black chin and spoiler insert it almost looks as good as the original! :P

See, I said the opposite to Ian today, it ABSOLUTELY needs the black lip to split it up. Thankfully @anthonyyule Will have his carbon one and boot lid to break the colour.

When I walked toward it today, it just looked like a plastic toy in all blue.

• Gold FFM

I had considered painting my lip spoiler body colour, but seeing this has  made me change my mind. It looks like someone's punched it and it's got a fat lip.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I agree with @JayEmm re the lip[, black looks better and for the life of me I cannot understand why they put silver L O T U S letters on the rear rather than black ones.  Nope, not even going to go to say hello to this one I am afraid.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I agree, light coloured car should have have black letters.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I'll say one thing, and I hate to be negative about anything 400, but the stripes are shockingly bad on this. Not sure what the story is with the Hethel cars, but I'll assume they're the same, these are really awful stickers. I would imagine a few washes down the line you'd be getting the hairdryer out to remove them, you can get your fingernail under them from new. Tacky, do it right and paint them on for **** sakes.

8 hours ago, Colin G said:

See, I said the opposite to Ian today, it ABSOLUTELY needs the black lip to split it up. Thankfully @anthonyyule Will have his carbon one and boot lid to break the colour.

When I walked toward it today, it just looked like a plastic toy in all blue.

Yup - saw these (pre stickers)? at the factory and I agree that there is too much blue going on. Chin spoiler at the very very least should be black - but I believe it would benefit from complete black pack.

Never understood the comments "I didn't vote ... because... Lotus not.... Gulf". Does it really matter? It's an 'iconic' colour scheme on s cool car - who gives if Lotus never worked directly with Gulf in Motorsport??

i think the car looks cool - too much blue for me - but if you look around the internet right now this is the colour of the moment Macca 570 review/ AM DB11 review etc - so well done Lotus for trying. Ok so they don't always get it 100% right - but they are moving in the right direction.

We saw them being built when we visited the factory in July. The stripe was missing by then. The group were divided in their opinion. I'm clearly tempted and so is the wife. 

• Gold FFM

Agree with you about stripes on 400s Colin. It makes the cars look a little naff in my opinion and takes away from the overall 'sculpted' appearance. My car was not a Hethel edition so never had stripes.

The Gulf colour/stripe combo would look great on my son's playstation, or on a race car replica, but theres no history. It is very shouty and the novelty would very soon wear off if you were using it as a daily driver. The only stripe/colour combo that really does it for me on any Lotus is the traditional heritage yellow stripe on racing green (with black rims & yellow calipers). Lovely! 

3-4rearEvorasmall.jpg

I love that scheme above, but would add the JPS scheme with gold pencil stripes and the Gold Leaf liveries. However the red/white/gold Gold Leaf livery on the used Evora for sale is a tough one on my eyes...

The small print.

45 minutes ago, blindside said:

Agree with you about stripes on 400s Colin. It makes the cars look a little naff in my opinion and takes away from the overall 'sculpted' appearance. My car was not a Hethel edition so never had stripes.

The Gulf colour/stripe combo would look great on my son's playstation, or on a race car replica, but theres no history. It is very shouty and the novelty would very soon wear off if you were using it as a daily driver. The only stripe/colour combo that really does it for me on any Lotus is the traditional heritage yellow stripe on racing green (with black rims & yellow calipers). Lovely! 

3-4rearEvorasmall.jpg

I must be mixing you up with someone else Jimmy, I thought it was you who put the grey and red camo all over their car!

Totally agree on the negative sentiment for stripes on an Evora. Only Porsche get it right. The GTS models get it just right and the R models push it as far as is possible on a prestige car. Not sure I even like how Ferrari do their Scuds - just a bit too shouty on the Italian for my liking.   

Not sure if you all remember the article from Car magazine that compared the AM Vantage with the Evora 400 from last summer, but that AM is currently for sale in a dealer between Reading and Maidenhead and its been there a few weeks now. I'm just not sure anyone wants an AM in anything too far from what they'd see James Bond driving - it just doesn't work.

Stripes are perfect on Exige and to my mind just a little less on Elise - they suit the character of the car. But Evora... Nah.

Bloody hell Lee that looks stunning - aggressive and really shows the Essex Blue off a treat. Very nice matey. Shame about the squeaky seat!  lol ;)

The small print.