Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wide body Diablo headlight esprit, wow, exotic look! - Page 3 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Wide body Diablo headlight esprit, wow, exotic look!

Paul C

Gunter - and what is wrong with it? Thats right way, to sell Lotus and buy Ferrari (if change or buy second car) and not retuzed Lotus to Ferrari or Lambo shape/look. :)

eee last one (rear down spoiler is too massive) pimpy wheels, silver ones is much better.

Will be nice to know how much weights this all reworks on car, and how much its downgrade power, steering etc.

Gunter, dont find difference but common point :D) :)

IMG_3916.jpg

Edited by SKY

http://www.lotus-club.cz

lccz_banner.gif

Your 6 is my 12.

http://www.voodoo-world.cz

--------------------------------

Take the man who who stuck a Ferrari badge on his Esprit, out the back somewhere and shoot him. :thumbsup:

maybe bury him along with that shocking wing.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Hey Nelly9000, you should get in touch with TonyK, he has found something really close to Marcasite, I remember a thread about it.

My S2 will never be original, simply because my car needs a retrim and Markasite is no longer available. So, faced with that, its tempting to then think about putting your own stamp on the car.

Hey whats wrong with this wreck? We`re getting gas back here.

Thanks Hemlock,

I have seen that thread. My current thinking is to use Alcantara as it is a similar type of material, and also it will give the interior a modern look but with the same feel as the original, which I really like the idea of.

Guest surferphil

Yes, I'd say Alcantara was the new marcasite. I'm With Tony, re trim like it was when it came out of the factory, I would have liked to buy my car in original condition but I could not find one so I got the best I could in the year I was looking.

I don't really have a problem with the pimp my ride crew, I find it funny, just like I did when I was a child. The crappy old Fords with rusted away body work, no one wanted got modified in an experimental type way. They spent more on filler than on buying the car, they looked crap but they made us laugh.

I was just teasing, you can't honestly take this seriously can you?

I like the R3 one and Karl's (particularily his wing Rog (I know your lurking).

I don't think we can talk from the country that taste forgot wherever we come from, have you ever seen the barry boys forum or american hicks ideas of style!!

Each to there own i say!!

If you read my post I think it's obvious that I am teasing, it's called humour which seems to be sorely lacking with some people.

Well, I don't know about every persons taste, but the thing that bugs me about a lot of the "body mods" is that they aren't car body designers/visually talented artists, so their attempts usually turn out to be jarring to the eye. This in turn lends itself to be ugly to beholders, as we all have an innate ability to recognize beauty.

I took the pic, and changed the fender areas to what I would have done, had this been my project..... The thing that is most jarring about the original was that the fender extensions didn't fit the overall lines of the car. If it had been made the way I photoshopped, then I think it would have been a lot more beautiful. (I don't think anything could have been done for the Z headlights, as those just make you think "300Z/cheap" rather than an exotic car.....

wheel-well-adjust.jpg

Oh, and speaking of modded ?tunzed cars, here's my 85TE.... I love it, but then that's my attempt to keep the original design direction if G cars would have been upgraded for track use... Feel free to either love me or flame me in comments :thumbsup: I'd love to hear your impressions either way.

All the best,

Paul

94S4

85TE

customLotusEsprit-1.jpg

Guest surferphil

Dude I don't take anything seriously!! Don't tell the boss!!

I was more pointing out that there was irony in what you were saying.

Toby

Not really we just have both good and bad taste, there are plenty of beautiful cars this country has produced throughout the history of the auto mobile.

It probably jarrs more with me as I spend all day looking at cars. I may have become a car snob! ;o) :thumbsup:

Pauls esprit hasn't lost it's beautiful G Car lines, Tastefully done! and I'm currently rebuilding an M100 into a track car, you can imagine how modified that will be. :popo:

Edited by surferphil

• Gold FFM

@Sky: it's a thing of *image* &*status* in the society, as several people don't even know a Ferrari for real... .

It is just that some parts & styling points are 'related' or associated to Ferrari. And so even not so qualified people try to imitate it -with or without real style & taste.

On the other hand: what would you say, why do most of the Lotus owners still have their cars ? -could it be that those have learned what it means to have sense for 'the real thing' in life, and much of 'self awareness' ...so no need for an expensive Ferrari there :thumbsup: .

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

wheel-well-adjust.jpg

I like the real car better. I can't see how the fenders don't follow the lines of the car, they're just slightly exaggerated versions of what is there already. It's just a semicircle.

Oh, and speaking of modded ?tunzed cars, here's my 85TE....

Can we not adopt that word, please? :thumbsup: Its really annoying!

Feel free to either love me or flame me in comments :popo: I'd love to hear your impressions either way.

I adore your car, but I guess I think the corner splitters enhance the already present carfish look of the front end. IMHO, of course.

Edited by karmavore

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Would you buy a Picaso and then spend £5 on a glass clip frame and then say "Wow those little metal clips really make the painting stand out!".

How about spending £5 million on a top race horse and then put on a 30 stone bloke in a Mankini on it and say, I love the way he makes the horse look so petite and attractive!

I don't think so.

More analogies are welcome from both sides in the spirit of fun, which is how this post was originally meant. Those knowing Paul will know his post was tongue in cheek.

Heres one from the modders point of view: Would you buy a racing thoroughbred and breed it with a Shire horse because you like the long hair around the hooves?

BTW Graham. That last one is an abomination! I hear the guy actually thought it was a good idea to have Tartan inside it! Can you believe that?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I bought some silver clips and thought the best way to show them off was to clip them around a dead guy's painting. The clips look awesome, but the painting is a bit rubbish - he hasn't even got an ear.

I know! I bought one by a guy called Lorry, but when I picked it up I found out it was some kids painting of little stick men. I paid over a million for it! Bloody rubbish!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

bloody missed this thread...some cracking motors on here!

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Bl**dy hell Rog...where did you come from???

I thought you'd disappeared lol...:respect:

as for the cars each to their own i guess, lets just hope those idiots off chop shop dont ever get hold of a lotus...or did lepu actually do that diablo lotus hahaha

:thumbsup:

Edited by waynef

Guest surferphil

Im actually thinking about fitting suicide doors to my esprit I think it will be cool maybe some of those Ferrari sheilds on the side as mine is red too. (has anyone seen that green Volvo driving around Norwich with the Ferrari shields on the side?)

Buddsy oh maybe a spoiler from Halfords...or maybe Argos...pass me that revolver I have an itchy head

:respect:

I think gull wings on my S1 and I'll round off the corners too, as what I really wanted when I bought my Esprit was a Ford Capri! but could only afford a Lotus!

Look in your 'favourites' folder :respect: (teehee)

I always wanted a defuser like that - bit less in your face but a defuser never the less...

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Is the yellow car's extra brake light a legal requirement in what ever country he's from.... or a "mod"?

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

^UK car and NO^

Like the coloured sculpts on his sills!!

Rests a bit of a mish mash!!

Exhaust looks like they are made out of Bean can material.

If the rear diffusser was raised to meet the actual bumper and the exhasts integrated into it it would look a lot better!!

This is all my opinion of course so is probably wrong, misguided, clueless, idiotic,verging on genius ut not quite getting there, fail.

Delete as appropriate!!

That yellow V8 is an awesome piece of kit and i've been in it. You only have to blip the throttle in that and your facing the wrong direction. The guys is an absolute lotus nut and is so dedicated to the lotus and lotus heritage his son is actually called Ayrton. The diffuser on that thing is solely for the track as is the car. And trust me it go's like stink.

Jon it used to be BRG and the guy sprayed it himself. like i said its not for asthetics that one but solely for his track days.

He breaks lotus's and had a gorgeous BRG cat C which he was putting back together. I have purchased a fair few bits of him as he does seem to have a good selection of second hand spares.

That yellow V8 is an awesome piece of kit and i've been in it. You only have to blip the throttle in that and your facing the wrong direction.

Sounds ace :respect:

There are far too many stupid stickers on the car, the electric cut-off and extinguisher stickers don't have electric cut-offs or extinguisher buttons near them. Everyone has taste, in my opinion that car is covered in tat.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.