IGNORED

V6 Exige?

Bibs

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/lotus-exige-might-get-evora-s-v6-20995.html

^ Another story, seems to have some substantiation then. Pilko, there was the extended wheelbase Esprit which was rumoured to be the testbed for the Evora engine, I'll find a piccy :)

esprit_mule.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Must be a slow news day for autocar.

How many years has this been doing the rounds?

I don't believe for a second Lotus will release an Exige with a v6 especially one with the evora engine.

It is more likely to be a testbed for either the Evora or some other 3rd party engineering project.

The only thing that could substantiate this story is that reserves of 2ZZ-GE engines may be running low and Lotus are having to find a completely alternative powerplant for the Exige/Elise. Even then there are far far better options available than a heavy V6.

Edited by ads_green

I'm guessing that Lotus is hard at work on some features for the next gen esprit!detective.gif

Yep I think so too, isn't there some one on this forum claiming the Esprit is only "months away"? whistle.gif

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Guest swenrac

well, I do believe that exige will have a v6.Yes, it was rumoured on the internet for years, and yes, it was a lie, but I searched the internet the other day, I saw the articles the others already posted and I found new ones, and I think it's real.I don't see the point of putting a v6 in a exige, it's brings just 20 HP, as I saw, so, what's the point?

Look at the quoted torque figs in the Autocar article, not just BHP. If they are right the V6 could bring significant performance advantages for in gear overtaking, and acceleration. However I have no idea if that helps in a track scenario, or whether the actual weight increase would negate the effect.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hi Bibs

Is there any grain of truth in this! I checked with James in Lotus sales and he assures me there is no truth at all in the Evora interior changes: why would Lotus publish this as nobody would order a 2011 car if such a radical upgrade was being made! Resale values would be hit pretty hard, and so would buyer confidence.

Any info will be much appreciated.

Jerry

I don't fully doubt that there will be a V6 Exige and revised Evora. Lotus do need something to sell while they are trying to begin to bring 5 new cars to market starting "2012." :rolleyes:

Furthermore, the base v6 adds 20 hp over the top-of-the-range, supercharged and intercooled I4. Then you can add the supercharger to the V6 and so on to get oodles more power plus smoothness. Would be nice.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE