Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 126 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

complaint now in and ill prob get barred for "becoming abusive" in the store 😆 but approx 16 weeks of being passed or ignored between dr and optician and only now do they diagnose it then charge me £25 😑

3 hours ago, windymiller said:

cus thatl help keep the lid on soaring house prices not !!!

The construction costs won’t affect the house prices, as they are driven by supply and demand, not cost of construction. All it will affect is the obscene profits that the big companies make by cutting every corner they can and then expecting the taxpayer to pay to put it all right. 

so basically, build crap, save money then get paid again when you go back to put right all the bodges and dodgy materials. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

So called experts want to change the name of the gypsy moth and gypsy ant as they are an ethnic slur. They haven't come up with alternatives yet so suggest using their Latin names

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

The next thing will be all history before 1970 will be erased and the only history allowed going forwards will be about fluffy stuff.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Can’t believe using Latin names is a good idea. Ffs the Romans bought and sold slaves as a hobby - they didn’t even care what colour they were.

Only here once

3 hours ago, windymiller said:

sorry no !!!! the obscene profits will go up by a factor added by not using red deisel !!! every element of a house is soaring at mo this will simply be passed on

Sorry but we will disagree here. The cost of building a house is completely divorced from the market value of it.

The only link is that if a builder can’t make a profit then they won’t build, but there are very few locations where that would be the case. 

I will agree that materials and labour are both suffering shortages and are increasing massively in cost at the moment. I know this first hand both personally and professionally, but this has a negligible, if any, effect on prices in the housing market. 

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

Lack of supply influences the housing market. Not the raw material that goes into the build.

If you knew how much a persimmon home costs to construct then frankly you would shudder. It’s peanuts.

• Thanks 1

Only here once

When you last bought something did you ask or even consider how much it cost to make. Most of the housing market is old stock anyway, so the builders cost is irrelevant. 

if you were buying a house and it was worth £500k and the builder said, by the way wood went up during the build so I need and extra £10k you’d tell them where to go and go buy another house. 

Your customers would do the same if your product was priced above the market. What is different is the market forces that drive the broader market, and in the housing market that is supply and demand and pretty much nothing else. 

• Gold FFM

You simply will not be able to sell a property for over market value! Doesn’t work that way. Whatever it self for IS market value.

Only here once

i didnt say one would be able to !!! personally if i end up with a property that has cost more than id like i just keep it and rent it untill the market caqtches up !!! but thats the difference between a small and big developer

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Absolutely. I’m sat awaiting the costs of timber framing to come back down to what I had quoted a couple of years ago. 

I will be pouring footings in due course to put a material commencement stake in the ground and wait.

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

You may just have a looong wait bud. In fact, I might win the lottery and buy an Emira in the time you are waiting.Lottery Lotto GIF

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Timber cost is reducing in the US. It’s only a matter of time until the Trump era trade war issues iron out.

• Like 2

Only here once

friend of mine that cuts ma hair has a brand new nissan thingy suv whatsit she parked on a pavement the other day just to drop off a bereavement card to the daughter of a customer and time she went back to the car someone had keyed the drivers door 😒 so i used some g3 and took most of the scratch out giving her that and some s20 with a micro fibre towel and some instructions but what a world we live in 🤨

4 hours ago, pete said:

Why? Did he plant some fast growing trees.🤑

A big developer in the US bought 2 timber mills (in Russia i think) and diverted all the output to the states. They used to supply Europe and in particular the U.K.  

Add to this general shortage, a smidgen of Brexit but the worldwide attempts at stimulating the economy by building infrastructure (increased demand) plus reduced output because of COVID and you have a perfect storm. Timber and steel seem to be the worst as far as building materials go. 

Expert predictions for the market to normalise vary between Q4 2021 and Q3/4 2022. 

• Thanks 1

the thing with copper is the chinese have seen they will be dissproportionally shafted over the rising copper price so they have started to try and cap its price (i feel that wont work) but they do tend to buy junior miners and own the copper at source as they are clever buggers