Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Electric windows - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Electric windows

Hello all,

Car Excel Se, registered 1987

I have a question for ye's all ; Driver's side electric window switches aren't receiving power, all relays and fuses are ok, passenger side window working as normal on it's own door switch. Not working from switch on driver's door, neither is driver's window.

Intermittant operation on driver's side prior to failure, prior to this fan blower stopped working also. ??? Drivers motor works when powered bypassing switches. No power to switches in yellow cables.

According to service manual and wiring diagrams there is an electrical junction point somewhere in the loom but alas the diagram doesn't tell me where :-(

Can anyone help ? guidance please

Ken

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This maybe no help at all but... The same thing happened on my Esprit SE and it turned out to be one of the multi-way

connectors in the door. A couple of the connectors had become slightly corroded and were not making proper contact. I managed to ease the offending contacts out of the connectors and cleaned them and they've been fine since.

Martyn welcome.gif

My suggestion was going to be exactly as per yours martyn..

Gotta be a way forward, if not a plug/socket problem it could just as easily be a snapped wire inside the flexi loom bit between the body and the door shell..

Happy hunting :sorcerer:

Chunky Lover

Hi Ken

Assuming the '87 is the same as the '89 MY the multi-way connectors are behind the kick panels in the driver's and passenger's footwells. On the driver's side one has a white body and the other has a tranlucent body; ( the other connectors down there have red bodies) Hope this helps. Now assume the Lotus position!

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guy's,

Thanks for your responses, tried your suggestions, as yet haven't resolved the problem. On another question ? The driver's door handle and catch have all but given up/ fallen apart !! Anyone know what they came off of to acquire replacements ?

Thanks again :-)

Ken

I'd go for a broken wire where it flexes leading to the door. Had the same on my Esprit - intermittent operation and then nothing. Peeled back some of the insulating tape and found the problem. Easy fix if it is.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE