Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fuel line? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Fuel line?

mdw

Im replacing the fuel pump on my n/a and figure I might as well replace the fuel line as well. What is recomended for the bit tank to tank and then to fuel pump. Is injection grade rubber hose ok?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It needs to be safe for petrol, which is most but not all rubber hose, then pressure wise most (if not all) reinforced stuff is fine. I'd recommend externally braided to protect it from abrasion (there's not enough fuel pressure from the pump to need it for strength) but it is really overkill (I am just a bit paranoid about hoses failing on these things).

I'm in the same position. In terms of the externally braided, is it reasonable to wrap some insulation tape around the ends to prevent fraying and then fuel clip in place or does it deserve something more elaborate?

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Thanks for the reply Andy. Ive found this company nearby who sell parts for the kit car trade so have loads of fittings, clamps wraps etc. http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/fuel-hose-10mm-38-fuho10-611-p.asp

Some where somebody recomended large shrink sleving put over the braided bit and ...... shrunk totidy the end. Or perhaps that self amalgamating tape from Frost etc.