Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Arachnids and how to get rid of them - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Arachnids and how to get rid of them

Hi,

I'm sure a lot of people have had this problem, spiders setting up home on or in your car. I'm finding I've got a web nearly every morning, especially as the car sits for a few days not going anywhere. It doesn't help living near a woods as well, or sorts of bugs attracted to the car being yellow, but spiders and webs are the worse.

They keep making a nice home in my door mirrors, there will be a new one complete with web from the mirror to the door nearly every morning however many times I get rid of it, web and spider, a new one sets up home soon after.

I've read you can get a spray to repell spiders, smells of horse chestnut appparently, wondering whether to try that???

Owen

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its not the spiders that I worry about, its the damn mice that keep going into the boot of my Esprit that hacks me off...

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

I remember my nana putting chestnuts in the coners of her bedroom, when I asked what for she said the spiders don't like the sent they give off.

Keeping your outside plants away from the house/garage will keep the spiders from crawling up the siding and in.

Mothballs, are also ment to help within a garage to keep them away.

spider.gif

sig.jpg

I was driving home a few weeks ago, and as I went rouns a roundabout one of these apeared on the inside of the windscreen, just above the dashboard. As soon as I cleared the roundabout I pulled ( very quickly ) onto the side of the road and attempted to eject it from the car. It disapeared under the dash, and no doubt will turn up when least expected. Lluckily it was my wifes car, not the Esprit - and no I didn't tell her.:thumbdown:

post-5938-024723700 1278722078.jpg

Edited by stevem

Too many Toys are never enough !

• Gold FFM

I'd be torching the mota. I'm like a girl with spiders.

With apologies to girls who is well ard

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Back to the original question....conkers do work. A few of them dotted around my boat keep the spiders away..and I have some in the door pockets of the Volvo. There is a spray that does for them completely...but I'm not sure I'd like it on my paintwork or interior trim. When you spray them with this stuff it looks like the SAS at the Iranian Embassy, there's so much arachnid abseiling going on!! Also I have a feeling that the really good stuff is now unavailable because of 'Elf'n'Safety being unhappy with the contents. Then again, my chum Martin can hypnotise them into committing suicide....no shit, he has a great method, but only works on boats, gets them to throw themselves overboard!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein