Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex 007 - Page 8 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex 007

esprit22

I see that a couple of days ago the mint Commemorative HC two tone grey G car with 9000 miles on the clock sold at auction for £16.8k.

The estimate was £17-£25k which shows just how depressed the market is

which auction was that in Barrie?

:blink:

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Not forgetting the 10% commision that a buyer will take into consideration so this puts the car at a selling price of £18438.75 which is bang on etimate. Hardly a depressed market I would have thought, just not rediculously overpriced.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

If you lived somewhere like HK, surely one of the great benefits of being a member of a forum like this would be that you could ask others who have seen the car what they think of it via PM or open forum.

Let's hope that the new owner enjoys his Bond car and says hello.

Edited by Bazza 907

• 3 weeks later...
:blink:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 1 month later...

No 18 is residing in a garage with its engine out awaiting repairs. I havent had time to sort it out beyond taking the engine out. I did offer it up for sale a year ago, but despite all the talk not one person has made me an offer of any kind, so for the time being it is going to stay in the garage. It is completely original in every way apart from a replacement cylinder head at 24000 miles, and I managed to obtain some essex cam covers as the ones on the car were just normal Lotus ones. The engine is an unknown quantity, but turns freely.

I will put a few recent pictures up if I get the time, although someone seems to have beaten me to it with a few old ones....

Joolz

PS my daily driver is a 1981 S3 that appeared on Ashes to Ashes series 2 episode 6. This car is now totally reliable after I spent quite a lot on it, mostly on the cooling system.

Joolz

1-8=007

You have a very significant car there mate!

Out of interest, where have you advertised it for sale as I've not seen it anywhere?

Why not stick it in the for sale secion on here for a sensible figure, I'm sure it will find a new home with relative ease!

Chunky Lover

Joolz,

I hope you didn't feel insulted with the comment made on your S3 by the Gene Hunt character (something to the effect that it's the sort of car driven by showoffs or poofs ) devil.gif

Edited by comem47

• 1 month later...

Bo

Historics on 25th Sept. It was the last lot (No.72). A mate went along and said that it was stunning.

Hopefully this link will work

http://www.historics.co.uk/previous-auctions/25th-september-2010/1987-lotus-esprit-turbo.aspx

I've just noticed the HC Commemorative No. 15 up for sale at £25000 from a dealer in Gloucestershire.

Thats a premium on the auction price and £1000 more than Barry Ely's price.

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

• 4 months later...

It's back !!!!

Up for sale in Australia

http://www.carsales.com.au/Tig/UI/PagePopup.aspx?R=10283928&PhotoID=11457195&h_mid=4415219&f_mid=&c_mid=4414491&pid=140973&tabID=304744&autoplay=true

AUD 56,000 is about £36,000

A more realistic valuation and one that probably refelcts some work that's been done to it judging by the photos