Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Paint Bubbles - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Paint Bubbles

Hello All!

I am hoping you can help me out with some info and pictures.

We have been storing a customers black 02 Esprit w 918 for over a year.

When we pulled it out to get it ready for the customer to pick up we found dozens of little paint blisters on the front deck.

We have had a couple of our local paint guys confirm that it is coming from below the paint and was probably a prep fault.

Our customer however is sure we spilled something on the paint and would like for us to repaint the car.

If you you have similar experience or info\picture to help us properly inform our customer of his options that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Tim H

The Spindoctor

post-4318-063987800 1281112141.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks like micro-blistering to me. Was there a cover touching the body in that area?

No Covers for storage.

We have an exotics painter that has informed us of all the evils that can happen to paint under a cover (trapping various off gasses and such).

So it has been properly buffed and waxed then we routinely go into our storage shop and knock the dust off with a dust wand.

It is where the grp has not been dried out correctly before painting, the moisture comes to the surface and pops the paint, I have had it on spoilers in the past.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Take the car , park it in the warm sun and watch the bubbles disapear after an hour.They may or may not come back immediately but rest assured they will.The correct answer is osmosis ,which can be rectified = it will also show up on a black car easily.Apart from the fact that black is more prone to extreme temperatures.

My car get it ,then it disappears and so on.. so tell the blighter to go fly a kite.

Richard

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !