Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Stay on the Pirelli's - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Stay on the Pirelli's

Having replaced the rears with other producers twice, I noticed, that in the sum of all, the Pirelli are the best. Shure... they melt like butter but the handling of the car IS unbeatable with the Pirelli. Don't mix up with others on the back; its cheaper, but finally disapoints. A.

Edited by anubis1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have replaced the originals twice then put pirellis on does that mean you are on the 4th set of rear tyres for the Evora already?

You either have a heavy right foot (swiss drifting champion?) or have done some serious miles?

Alan

Mixed up...right food stays harmless more or less (except mounatins) and I reached now 23000 KM. I made a 7 mountaindaytrip (for clearance: Fluela, Reschen, Stelvio, Umbrail, Ofen, Albula, Oberalp) and I tried for testing the new Nokian RE (or so...) and gave it back to the dealer who suggested to me, that this fits also like the origianl Pirelli...so he gave me the Hankook alternative but also there, after 500 KM I had to say... no, Sir. This is not the way the Evora was before. So back to the Pirellis butter tyres, but it rolls. Anyhow: just to go straigt, the other do well... yes... but its like drinikng an espresso without the amaretto beside. And the Handling is the big point of the Evora, so why eliminating this for saving some money for a cheaper tyre. A.

This may come accross as a tyre snob type comment but I am a great believer that in general terms you get what you pay for. From what I have heard (I have never fitted) the Hankook tyre is in a much lower price and performance bracket and I would not consider a direct replacement other than in tyre size. It is round and black and stops the alloys scraping on the road i.e. looks good and best left to the Citroen Saxo, caps on backwards brigade. The other brand I know nothing about.

I would consider for example Michelin, which I had on my Boxster S as OEM, Bridgestone, or other top brand name a direct replacement. Even if the same price (which is unlikely at Lotus price at least) we are all really talking about the tyre life here even if not driven lets say spiritedly. As long as getting 90~95% of the performance as others have said mortals like most of us will struggle to tell away from the track.

I am at just under 5.5K miles presently and starting to look well worn although at my rate of usage still many months but watching all these threads with great interest!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023