Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sports Exhaust Too Quiet? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sports Exhaust Too Quiet?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooooooh so proper. That is how a car should sound. Super apples :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

6K. I just worked out the code. R I P O F F .

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Never mind the exhaust which is just effin nuts money what about the car colour. 1st time I have seen Isotope on an Evora apart from pre-production and it wasn't nearly as hideous as I had anticipated. Okay it was only a brief tail end departing shot. Anybody seen any other ones in the flesh?

Oops thread hijack :offtopic: but $6K isn't worth even talking about. :thumbdown:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

On top of 6k, I'm not that much on the sound. The best exhaust note I have heard was the LP640 roadster on the run here in Perth. Glorious once it was near redline. Just ain't gonna get 6 cylinders to sound like 12.

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Never mind the exhaust which is just effin nuts money what about the car colour. 1st time I have seen Isotope on an Evora apart from pre-production and it wasn't nearly as hideous as I had anticipated. Okay it was only a brief tail end departing shot. Anybody seen any other ones in the flesh?

Oops thread hijack :offtopic: but $6K isn't worth even talking about. :thumbdown:

I'm not sure I like the Green. I don't really like it on the Exige either if I'm honest.

On top of 6k, I'm not that much on the sound. The best exhaust note I have heard was the LP640 roadster on the run here in Perth. Glorious once it was near redline. Just ain't gonna get 6 cylinders to sound like 12.

You can't compare an LP640 sound to an Evora.

• Gold FFM

Yeah I know Justin. I'm just saying that it is going to be difficult IMO to get a great sounding exhaust note when you don't have the exhaust pulses to work with. The exhaust in this video simply sounds loud, doesn't even have a nice timbre AFAIC. You can get loud by gutting your cat and removing the muffler. Do any of these mobs play around with materials and harmonics to set up some sort of resonance to get a decent sound?

I would sacrifice some horsepower to get a sound that made my hair stand on end if I could, but that's me. I'm speed limited in Aus to 110km/h, so I don't need more power. I'd go for spine tingling exhaust note hands down.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if these exhausts are tested for counterpressure and horsepower..i guess not, there's not trace of a dyno on their website. Just sound?

6000$ for a stainless catback it's crazy money, for around 4500 you can get a complete exhaust with headers, sports kat and catback, all 1st quality stainless steel components and a 20hp gain...