Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SAVE THE ESPRIT VARI MOULDS - HELP REQUIRED! - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

SAVE THE ESPRIT VARI MOULDS - HELP REQUIRED!

Bibs

In my opinion, if we have the opportunity to have them both - lower and upper mould - we should take them both. Or is it impossible e.g. to transport the upper (inner) mould in the lower (outer) mould? Vacumized baking is always better than just laminating, esp. for such an important part as the body :whistle:...stiffness a.s.o.

Bibs, would you be so nice, and summarize the plan till now:

- Where are the moulds heading to?

- Who is going to store them how and for how long?

- Is it possible to work with them while stored (inside, and not packed with other stuff)?

- What are the expected costs for the trip (and back)?

- What is the deadline for moving the moulds (either for Lotus or us)?

I hope, that others will donate too, when the questions from above are solved, and the moulds can be used (at least for personal pleasure/rebuilts) without bypassing Lotus´ rules...

Sport 350 - the Real Devil

To re-iterate previous enquiries...what moulds ARE these? The original photo of them showed X180...is that all that is on offer, or is it the moulds for the whole Esprit range? And what about the oddsn...bumpers, doors, sills, spoilers? It would be great to have the whole set.... In any event, once there's a plan, I'll throw some money at it, too.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

I would make a donation also, Figure in the 200 pounds range. Just let me know when.

Of note, if the tooling gelcoat is black as opposed to the orange tooling gelcoat. it can be stored outdoors. Orange tooling gelcoat can also be stored outdoors but is not as durable for changing in environments.

I agree with Mat, if both pieces are available best to get both parts of the mold. Vacuum infusion is not as difficult as many put it out to be. Remember I work with this during repair of the piece of equipment I work on around the globe.

• Gold FFM

Have an student friend sitting next to me on the other computer here in the company -his father owns an transport company. The comment on the thing was -"those guys should think about the carriage loads -that's the importand factor on transport calculations in bussines".

..so on what we are talking about in tonnes already ? The molds are layed in steel constructions I would guess ..and even without the aditionally vacuum systems and mahinery this will be an seroius wheight to carry !? upper-body shell (without inner sleve) is *x* by *y *square meter long?? the height is ? lower-body shell (without inner sleve) is which dimension/wheigt ? The mashinery (the mentioned 'cutting rigs..) is ...?

:mellow:

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

More of that talk Christopher and they'll end up at your house!

99% these are on there way to Mike's in France. We're doing very well on donations, if anyone is contributing, please do so via paypal asap (sorry Tony, it's much less complicated that card payments!) - info@thelotusforums.com

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Holger, if you use an truck above the 12.5t limit it will cost road-taxes (Maut) across Germany and on some mayor Transit-roads in Europe as well... . So it would be good to know how much stuff is to carry all the way around in reality.

even if your load does not mean that you reach the 12.5t limit ..but simply the dimensions need an whider transport volume than those 7.5t trucks can offer it will point you in the next truck-size

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

@ Günter: That´s true!

@ Bibs: Could you please sum up the facts until now. And send me the coordinates for a donation. Thank you!

I think, the french connection here is quite strong and Mike has lots of indoor-space (I´ve seen it - awsome garage!). So I´m fine with Mike´s place as storage room. In future I think, we have to put up a calendar to manage all the visits in France :cheers:!

Sport 350 - the Real Devil

Holger

Donations can be made via PAYPAL to email address - info@thelotusforums.com

see bibs post no 57 above

thanks

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Donations can be made via PAYPAL to email address - info@thelotusforums.com

Hi Cliff :welcome:

I've sent a contribution via PayPal. I agree the issue needs a higher profile to make people aware of it - can you change the title since we now have space, need transport funds it appears :)

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Thanks guys - I too think it's important that these parts are saved from the skip hence the work we're putting into it.

All donations so far gratefully received. Any more are currently still welcome. :)

Count me in if you need a hand the the bodies to lift them etc,

I also have an old Cherokee Jeep I use for off roading in Kent which recently did a sterling job of transport a Porsche 911 Turbo up to Sunderland and back if thats of any need? dont have a trailer but have the Vehicle.

Let me know.

Thanks

Russ

Just send my contribution via PayPal.

Keep up the good work and save the moulds!

Thanks from

/KIm

/Kim 

Proud member of Watford Exotic Scandinavian Team...

A few bob from me, too!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Excellent response folks, some very generous donations and we've enough for now so thank you to all those who have dipped into their pockets.

I'm planning on heading up to Lotus on Friday to scope the job we've set ourselves up for and will update after that :)