Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A pink elise - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

A pink elise

Dunc

Took my daughter to the Lotus breakfast at the Ace cafe on Sunday, She got very excited over a pink (I?I) Lotus elise.

I have never seen one in that colour before.

I'm surprised they are not more poular, after all: elises are for girls.....

:sofa:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why cant I meet a woman like that :rolleyes:

(for clarification the owner of the car)

It's more of a burgandy / old silk red on the Esprit

I think it looks cool - like the colour of the GTi :getmecoat:

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Hey all! :welcome:

Just had this thread alerted to me so had to join your lovely forum and see what was going on!...

And... Yes, 'tis indeedy my Candy Red SC!... (And yes, that is also me looming in the background! My long coat does look rather swishy, I had no idea how I looked whilst 'on the move'! Lol... Well spotted GKP!) :thumbup:

Dunc, your little girl matched my car perfectly, and gave me the cutest wave and ear-to-ear grin as I drove away... Nice to see your photo came out well, although, my car was rather filthy, which always happens when someone 'spots' me and takes a pic! Sods law eh?

Anyway, here's another pic which shows the colour really nicely, taken whilst on a very wet track day at Folembray! :)

30210_400118050123_713070123_4783446_1100685_n.jpg

Edited by Pinkie

Hi Pinkie,

She was really excited about your car being pink - I think it made her day! She was much more excited by your car than she was by the excellent breakfast on offer at the Ace.

I think the colour looks great. Your track pic with the roof does show the colour much better than my photo does.

Funnily enough there is a silk red Elan Turbo on ebay just now, which is almost pink

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-LOTUS-ELAN-SE-TURBO-RED-/150504173560?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item230abf6ff8

It is probably a bit too early for me to buy that elan for her 17th Birthday....^_^ But given her reaction to your one, I'm sure she would love it.

D

Aww, thanks for the nice welcome!

Hey Bibs, thanks, my coat's new! ;) Oh, and as for the colour, I have it on good authority that 8 Candy Red Elise's rolled out of the factory... However, mine IS the only Supercharged one! So, yes, it's unique in that respect! :thumbup:

There is also a 340r, and an Exige in the U.S... So still pretty rare...

Hey GKP... Nice to see you on here too! And especially nice to read the lovely post you put above, describing me as an 'enthusiastic and knowledgeable owner'... thank you! :)

Oh, and Dunc... that's brilliant! The girl's clearly got taste! She and I both clearly take cars over a stodgy fried breakfast any day! A girl after my own heart... ;)

So why is my niece not interested in Lotus cars? She even suggested I should get rid of them all and get a BMW Mini (I did let her stay in the passenger seat though).

I really like that colour, I think I have done ever since one of the USA car shows (either Overhaulin' or American Hotrod) where they did one in a candy red. The cream stripes really set it off, it's the modern take on a traditional colour scheme (My Elf should & will be be a burgundy/ deep red with cream roof).

Ace on a Sunday morning? Getting there for the evening meets is awkward due to time it takes and work, but a Sunday morning, even a winter Sunday morning is do-able.

So why is my niece not interested in Lotus cars? She even suggested I should get rid of them all and get a BMW Mini (I did let her stay in the passenger seat though).

I really like that colour, I think I have done ever since one of the USA car shows (either Overhaulin' or American Hotrod) where they did one in a candy red. The cream stripes really set it off, it's the modern take on a traditional colour scheme (My Elf should & will be be a burgundy/ deep red with cream roof).

Ace on a Sunday morning? Getting there for the evening meets is awkward due to time it takes and work, but a Sunday morning, even a winter Sunday morning is do-able.

Hey Andy... Well, cars just aren't everyone's thing I guess eh? Although, personally I can't understand why you're niece doesn't get the Lotus thing... Maybe once she drives one, she'll change her mind eh? ;)

I'm glad you like the colour... it is very girlie, but it's quite a serious pink, if that makes sense? Lol... Was the one you saw on Overhaulin, the Exige? It later was given black stripes, and made to look a bit more butch, or at least, that was the intention I think... but let's be realistic here eh? :hrhr:

This one (although the colour looks quite purple in this one, but the colour is hard to catch in a pic tbh):

4260241643_a76d9b0789.jpg

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to add, that the breakfast we were enjoying at The Ace, was the finale to a Lotus Dawn Run which 40 or 50 of us had just done across London! We started at 5am at Docklands... and took the scenic route, including as many tunnels as possible along the way... ending up an Ace about 2 hours later! Mental... but good fun! ;)

Edited by Pinkie

Ah ha. Woza who used to live in Edinburgh has just posted in Scottish section saying hello again and to say he was out on a dawn raid in London with 40 or 50 Loti. Sounds awesome fun.

Welcome to the Forum Pinkie, when was your car built? There was a Candy Red Elise or Exige Can't remember now & I certainly couldn't say for sure SC or not, on the production line when I did the factory tour with my eldest son back in April after a Lotus driving experience. In fact we both looked at the colour from every angle as it seemed to change shades under factory lights. I actually asked what colour it was as never seen it before and was told to special order. Really nice - in a serious girly way. It was following one of those Scura Exiges (all matt black ) down the line and the contrast couldn't have been more extreme!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

:welcome: Hey Al!

Yeah, Woza and I are mates! Actually, we're just in talks about me joining him and a few others for their trip to Le Mans next June!! :cheers:

Oh, and thanks for the welcome btw! My car is a '58 plate so wouldn't have been mine you saw on the production line unfortunately, coz that would've been cool! Lol... Yeah, it would have been a special order colour now, as Candy Red was brought out in 2008 but discontinued a year or so later... (I think, but happy to be corrected if anyone knows more)... I guess it wasn't the most popular colour! ;)

But oh, The Scura!! :wub: Yes, a total contrast, but equally, how good did the Candy Red Elise and the Scura Exige look together?! Just loooooove the Scura but it'd be totally impractical for me, and that matt paint would be a full time job to keep looking nice...

One day though... one day! :D

Edited by Pinkie

Dunc, a few of us at my table was talking about a car parked outside that morning which I didn't recognise. I think Eclat was mentioned. Must have been yours. My car was bang in the middle in the far background of your photo.

Hi woza and pinkie! I also found out about TLF recently.

:welcome: Hey amwt!

Nice to see ya' over here!

A friend, Jimbo, who's also on SELOC, emailed me about this thread so I ventured over to have a look! A few SELOC'ers over here I think! And in fact, in the OP's initial pic, I'm actually standing with Woza! :D