Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Looking for center caps - Wanted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Looking for center caps

iceberg

Hi all,

I am desperately looking for two center caps to my Esprit. I have two but I am missing the other two. I think the wheels are by Revolution. I have checked the web but so far I haven't been able to locate them. Does anybody know where I could find these?

Gr

post-794-071308100 1287225332.jpg

post-794-077583700 1287225342.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These wheels are the the same as the ones from the 93 se that was US only.... allthough these look like actual three piece whereas the 93 SE had one piece cast without the rivets... The three piece wheels were used on the X180r Race variant.... i tihnk the centercaps are the same though...

the lotus parts manual has a supplement specifically for the 93 year and the Lotus part numbers are as follows:

center cap: A082G6075S

logo badge: A082G6077S

Wheels were made by Revolution Wheels:

http://www.revolutionwheels.com/

they no longer offer that style with the centercap like that but it would be wirth giving them a call...

I think Schmidt Wheels owned them or else have an exact clone maybe?

their page has a specific accessories page for centercaps:

http://www.german-wheels.com/produkte/fittings/felgenkappen.php

another page mentioned that compomotive made the castings for these so they would be worth calling too...

Edited by shadeone

I can take a pic tonight after mountain biking and beer.

I need to make a CAD drawing of it, since the owner lost one at BlackHawk Farms years ago. I think Dave C needs some too.

Here is an X180-R wheel center cap.

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

WOW !!! This X180-R is a real beauty ! :wub: Where can I see more of her ? Does the owner have a website with more pics of her ???

Do you have larger versions of the above pics, or is there no larger than what we get when clicking on them ?

It's been nearly 10 years now, but wasn't there someone on the US Esprit list by the name of Lew Gaskell (spelling ?) who had one ?

Edited by Vince

Hey Vince,

Two of my friends here in Colorado have X180-R's (Lew and Jim C) and another friend in Minnesota (Dave C).

Lew and Jim do not have webpages, but you can find many photos of their X180-R's in my gallery

http://picasaweb.google.com/lotusse

You can download larger versions there as well

Here are some favorites

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

To Jamie:

No, not standard. A PO fitted these wheels a number of years back.

I actually also did the "spray paint can lids" thing. Most people don't notice but the originals would be nice.

To Jamie:

No, not standard. A PO fitted these wheels a number of years back.

I actually also did the "spray paint can lids" thing. Most people don't notice but the originals would be nice.

ah, gotcha! The fact that there might have been some uber-rare highwing variation that came with those wheels was driving me nuts hahah! Case closed!

you have no idea how much i want to get my hands on a set of wheels like that....

another question...

what wheels did those originally come from? the only other esprit i know of besides the x180r that came with three piece revolutions was the colin chapman limited edition SE but im pretty sure there was only ten or twenty of those and they were specific to france.

the 93 and 93.5 US only esprit SE came with revolution clones but they were one piece allthough i think the centercaps ...

what wheels did those originally come from? the only other esprit i know of besides the x180r that came with three piece revolutions was the colin chapman limited edition SE but im pretty sure there was only ten or twenty of those and they were specific to france.

No idea about US Esprits, but for the French ones I can confirm that the Colin Chapman limited edition was specific to France, they did have these wheels on, and only 10 were made (not 20), each in a different color.

I love these wheels too !

Hey Vince,

Two of my friends here in Colorado have X180-R's (Lew and Jim C) and another friend in Minnesota (Dave C).

WOW , tha's 3 of them then ! Good to see they are still on the road, unlike the Sport 300 over here, which gets rarer and rarer...

Lew and Jim do not have webpages, but you can find many photos of their X180-R's in my gallery

http://picasaweb.google.com/lotusse

Oh, what do I see in there ! My dream of an Esprit, a beauuutiful BRG SE !!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Too bad about these US spec squarish side lights in each bumper corner! They really uglify the car, looks like spots on a teenagers face... I just can't get used to them :(

Is the police so attached to them ? What would happen if you dared to remove them ? Would you get a massive, dissuasive fine ? :(

IMG_0358.jpg

not to hijack this thread but your pm box is full vince...

Oh dear.. please don't beat me but.. I jsut spent 15 minutes searching my profile/settings page over and over again, clicking on every link/page/tab I could possibliy see...and for the life of me I can't find any page related to PM's !

I DO remember using PM's once, a year or so ago maybe, so I know it used to work.. but today I really can't find my way around anymore it would seem ! :(

If you could tell me how to access my PM page on my profile, I could go further...

AllI could do is delete all my attachments/pics from the forum, as it was full (only two pics though !), but I guess it has nothing to do with the PM Box attachements, so won't help much ! :(

do you know what other colors there are of the chapman esprits? Ive only seen pics of the BRG one and a dark blue/almost purple one... Do you have pics of any of the others?

Yes I remember the BRG one, was for sale in some posh magazine many years ago. The dark blue one is famous too (it's "Navy Blue"), because it belongs to the President of the French Lotus Club.

The other 8 cars ? From memory they were just normal colours, like yellow, bright red, maybe silk/bordeaux red as well, not sure.

There is a page about this limited edition on the French Club's website, written by the President and displaying his own example of course:

http://www.club-lotus.fr/lotus/tous-les-modeles/esprit/historique-descriptif/esprit-turbo-se/lotus-esprit-se-colin-chapman-1991/

On my computer some of the thumbnails fail to display, but if I click on them the pics appear nonetheless. One of them show a page of text about thi slimited edition, but sadly it's way to small to be legible !!! :(

I have a couple of French Lotus books, each featuring a couple of pages about the Colin Chapman edition, but none of them talk about the fact that they all had a different color... so I can't remember WHERE I read that ! I hope it was not a urban legend...

I would have to ask on their forum I guess, but sadly I just noticed that their forum is strictly limited to the club members, who have paid their card ! What a bunch of elitists ! I will let them rot in their closed circle... How disappointing these people are, they shall not see a square inch of my Esprit whenever I manage to have one...

Edited by Vince

Vince, you only have to ask!

Up the top left of the screen it will say 'signed in as Vince' and there's a small triangle pointing down. Click it and you'll see a list appear and 1 of the items is your messenger.

Since you're on a basic account you can store very few messages, 5 I think it is. You get nothing for nothing nowadays. If you upgrade your account (also via the same dropdown), you can have up to 1,000 storable messages.

post-1-085792400 1287762085.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I have a couple of French Lotus books, each featuring a couple of pages about the Colin Chapman edition, but none of them talk about the fact that they all had a different color... so I can't remember WHERE I read that ! I hope it was not a urban legend...

I would have to ask on their forum I guess, but sadly I just noticed that their forum is strictly limited to the club members, who have paid their card ! What a bunch of elitists ! I will let them rot in their closed circle... How disappointing these people are, they shall not see a square inch of my Esprit whenever I manage to have one...

Yes, that is very unfortunate about their site requiring a paid membership even to just lurk around the forums... Im sure the chapman edition info im looking for is in there or else someone who knows a few of the others locations is probably on there...

Vince, can you contact me through email regarding some French Esprit stuff I have a couple questions about? (books etc)? This is a tech thread that is getting too far into a general discussion... shadeone at yahoo dot com is my email address...

Thanks!

Bibs, thank you ! Works much better now I know where to look ! ;-)

I had a handful of messages, I deleted them, should work now Jamie !

E-mailing you ? Well why not, but I looked at your profile and your e-mail is set to "private", so I am afraid I won't be able to go very far ! ;-)

You can reach me at: vincent DOT trouilliez AT gmail DOT com

I am not sure this is sophisticated enough to fool modern net bots, but well, I like to live dangerously I guess ! :lol:

Edited by Vince

• 9 months later...

Hello,

I think I might have three of the black caps if anyone still needs them. Came with car when I bought it, but PO lost one so made up aluminium ones that are on the car now.