Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What was the best Classic Team Lotus colour scheme? - Page 2 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What was the best Classic Team Lotus colour scheme?

Bibs

2171942826_87b8a6ee08.jpg800px-Lotus_80_2008_Silverstone_Classic.jpg3102643700_1cc73b99a8_b.jpgclark_67_mexico_02.jpgelio20essex.jpgrindt_gr.jpgNilsson_1977_Japan_01_BC.jpg431bfd41e811f0144e5b37daf315_4.jpgPicture007.jpg

881piquet100thonaus01.jpg

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iconic black and gold back in F1... but not on a team using the Lotus name.

Much as I like Tony Fernandes, Mike Gascoign, Heikki er al, and I will continue to follow the team and want them to do well, it won't be Lotus and therefore won't be quite the same...

Ian

Ian, of course things "won't be quite the same." That's a given. But, while we can't turn back the clock, much as we might want, TF's efforts to bring the marque back to F1 prominence are nonetheless admirable, and have my respect. To have accomplished as much as they have in so little time is encouraging. The original JPS days of glory are now history. And that is not a bad thing. It gives Lotus racing fans everywhere a firm traditional foundation upon which to build the potential for a new era of grand prix recognition. The first iteration of the black and gold scheme's success did not happen overnight. Nor will this newest endeavour. But the possibility is intriguing, even exciting to many. I say give the man a chance. Lord knows he's been about as "up front" with us as a team principal can be.

Ideally, Tony/Dany/Proton/Group Lotus/Team Lotus/Lotus Racing/Lotus Cars, etc will all find a collective interest in merging their common goals and form a cohesive, productive for all enterprise that satisfies the needs of all involved. There is still time to do this. And while I'm certainly not holding my breath, I continue to maintain hope.:)

Scroll up Owen, already posted would you believe...

http://www.thelotusf...f-lotus-racing/

:)

http://www.thelotusf...ndpost&p=329542

Check the date, Bibbo.....:D

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I could never understand why every motoring magazine/press article called the Essex petroleum colour scheme 'Garish.'

That goes for the F1 team and the Esprit.......................................................didn't a certain Woking based team bring back chrome recently?

I still think its stunning.

That said as far as Team Lotus are concerned you have to say the JPS colours are the definitive scheme for the marque.

Though as mentioned I agree - Tony F should only go there if the name remains!

Edited by nello