Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Time for new coil packs and leads, & plugs - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Time for new coil packs and leads, & plugs

fesuvious

Righty, this was on the list to do anyway, but this week I have had the symptoms of a coil pack breaking down..

So, looking for recommendations for parts and places to buy;

Leads

Coil packs

Plugs

Who uses what, and where from

Figured the best place for new primary and secondary injectors was WC Engineering....correct? They want the same in dollars as PUK do in Euros for the same injectors...........

An unfortunate fascination with Lotus, and proper drivers cars.

All caused by S75 LCF back in 2002, a mustard yellow GT3, and someone on here's got her.....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for coil packs get MSD 8224, I bought mine from JEGS, but they are also from summit racing and other online places.

For the primary injectors get these from www.Fiveomotorsport.com , They are very good Lucas injectors that replaced the older BOSCH E5ZE injectors that I used to recommended.

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/domestic-high-performance-fuel-injectors/?itemid=329

For the secondary injectors

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/product-search/?v=18055

I bought my plug wires from JAE in California.

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Thanks !

Righty, new injectors ordered, coil packs ordered !

Muchos happy with the prices!

So, where for magnecour leads...? I have googled but not getting very far

All caused by S75 LCF back in 2002, a mustard yellow GT3, and someone on here's got her.....

Update: (if anyone is reading this)

Magnecor have referred to the technical dept. (I contacted them direct) The reason being that according to their own docs they only support Esprit's up to 1993......So, I am getting a call back tomorrow to make sure they can supply a set of KV85's for a 1996 Esprit S4s.

Plus, I have had an email from 'hotwires' - anyone used them? - saying that they can supply a set for the S4S at $175 + shipping, So I guess @£140 all in, the KV85's will be @£120 all said and done.

Opinions?

Ok, update (primarily for anyone searching the forum)

Purchased direct from Magnecor. www.magnecor.co.uk 

They have standard '8mm' leads and the hi-spec 'kv85's'. I spoke to a chappie that builds them.

I was prepared to purchase the KV85's, however he said for road use it is pointless and to just purchase the 8mm version.

The set was £74.95 + postage.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to resurrect the thread!

I am planning on replacing the ignition components on my GT3 before the snow thaws here in Switzerland.

Can anyone tell me if the components above, as purchased by Fesuvious and VulcanGrey, are also compatible with the GT3, i.e.

Coilpacks : MSD 8224

Primary Fuel Injector: Bosch D1680

Secondary Fuel Injector: Bosch 0280150973

cheers,

Passmore

p.s. Off to Geneva Motor show tomorrow - looking forward to seeing the Lotus lineup!

Travis, just to confirm, as Im looking to change my injectors also, the link you previously gave for the primary's sends you onto a bosch injector, but you state its a good lucus one for replacing the bosch?..is that just a typo?

hmm having just read the linked page again, it says at the top its a bosch d1680 then in the descriptive text it says its a lucas item! :s

darren

Previously I did recommend a BOSCH 36lb low impedance injector from Five-O Motorsport, but they have made that part redundant and replaced it with a similar Lucas injector shown above.

The link above for the primaries says "Bosch D1680" at the top of the page, but it says "Lucas 36lb fuel injectors" below. I believe they are Lucas.

Either way, the BOSCH are very good injectors and the Lucas are very good.

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE