Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Another hello - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Another hello

08sag

I thought I had better say 'hi' given I have been lurking for a while during my research phase on a potential Evora purchase. From a background perspective I started sportscar ownership with a Elise R after selling my mid life crisis motorbike given that everytime I went out to play I stressed up my wife and daughters.

I loved the Elise and enjoyed a couple of great years of weekend blasts around the Dales. However 'I lusted' for something that sounded and went better and was tempted over to the dark side of TVR ownership. A bit of digging around and I spent the childrens inheritance on a Sagaris : I lucked onto a brand new car that had been repossessed by Capital Bank when TVR went under (hence 08sag!). The car was great in Spectraflair Silver and was a real treat to drive: however my wife hated it. This was partly my fault for giving it a bit too much gas on an early drive out! and also she hated the fact that everybody seemed to stop and stare whenever we went out in it.

Also it wasnt as much fun on the real twisties, which is where I like to play. On the wider roads it really was a licence loser as before I blinked it was up to 'a spell in prison' speeds. So the Sag was sold and I went back to a Lotus. This time a Chrome Orange Exige S with a soft top conversion (as I did enjoy the wind in the hair!). I also had a few tweaks such as 2bular exhaust so it really howled, the interior trimmed with orange inserts as on the Sprint, black forged wheels etc. A fantastic car that was tons of fun and a real head turner.

Anyway earlier this year I took an early bath from my job in Financial Services and took my pension: I plan to continue work on a more relaxed basis wherever i can get an interim/short term role and we are also selling up the house in Huddersfield (now the girls are at uni) and are going to build a house in South West Scotland (the great roads and lack of traffic is part of the attraction) as soon as ours sells.

So from a transport perspective I thought 'why have a toy in the garage for use on high days and holidays' and a more boring daily driver; when I can have one brilliant car that will be fun whenever I use it. Sod the mileage, depreciation and costs as I am only here once. So I have done all the tests and research (also taking into account lessons learned from the Sag) and considered Jag XKR, Porsche 911, Aston, Maserati, R8, etc and decided on an Evora S. This has now been ordered and hopefully I will collect on the 1/1/11.

So thanks for all the info i have been able to glean from reading posts on here, Seloc and of course Pistonheads. I am very much looking forward to the New Year!

Jerry

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum. You will like it here :) Enjoy.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

You are right I did miss the handling of the Lotus cars. So many people get beguiled by 0 -60 times and top speeds rather than the things that really matter on day to day basis.

I suspect there are quite a few other S's in the pipeline and others waiting for test drives before they order. I just couldn't believe it wouldn't be awesome having driven the current car with a CR box, and I had hoped that some of the quality niggles etc would be sorted given the recent new recruits at the factory. So I just went and got on with it. From the journo reports it looks like I may have made a good choice.

I was torn on colour: heart wanted Chrome Orange but wife wanted Ice White!

So Ice White it is, with red interior and black wheels. Given its a daily driver I went for rear camera, xenons, Tech pack and coloured handles.

I am currently pondering having a 'pin stripe' on the sides: similar to the one on the cup car. I think it may accentuate the curves and bring together the door crease and the 'joint lines'. Not sure though on whether it would look right and if it does what colour to go with! Possibly 'blood red' or black.

Any input gratefully appreciated.

Welcome to the posting side of the Forum. beer.gifI like you, spent ages a few years ago looking and driving the options so know how you are feeling. Part relief probably at having finally made up your mind and made a decision I suspect! I know my wife was glad when I finally made the plunge! My colour choice was also SWMBO driven and included a trip to factory to help decide as no cars out there then. I fancied the Burnt Orange! Well hope you make the move up to Gods country in due course and join us on some of our Scottish section drives. Look forward to meeting you then.

The build quality has come on a lot from what I see and read from the early cars and in the case of the S they seem to have been listening to us early buyers as well even for small things like heated seats w(which SWMBO likes to remind me on on every journey our car doesn't have) Interested to hear that you are expecting car around 1st Jan. Apart from the dreaded VAT increase I was under the impression from the dealer that customer cars were a good bit behind that although demo's would be available soon. I am looking forward to the comparison test drive in due course.

Welcome and enjoy the forum. Keep posting.gathering.gif

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023