Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Imperial War Museum Car Show 1st May, Duxford, Cambs - UK - Bucks/Essex/Herts/Cambs Group - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Imperial War Museum Car Show 1st May, Duxford, Cambs

Some of the guys at LEC are going to this, and have asked me to invite TLF along too!

So consider yourselves invited!

If I get enough interest I'll even add it to the calendar!!

http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/server/show/conEvent.3537

Dave.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice. Attended this last year with Dave Freeman and the girls. It pissed down ALL day and it was a might chilly too :) Dave and I had a great time at the museum. The girls Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it ;)

Are we displaying?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Paul, yes great time but for the weather, I think we should have a stand, perhaps we can use my ramps to display a car, plus - Mr Bibs, the new tent? be nice to have a good turn out. Dave eds, yes we should put it on the calander, it would be a good day out, Paul we had a great time last year, if you want to stop over that would be good, I feel its currytime, perhaps others would join us.

By the way the venue is fantastic, some air displays (if the weather is good) not much happened last year - but the exhibits are excellent, old period cars, all types of aircraft, Concorde of course plus lots to do for everyone. Well organised as well

so a provisional list of who would be interested

1. Dave and Megan

Ok. Best go check work diary then :)

1. Dave and Megan

2. Paul & Sarah

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I've suggested this event to the committee of the East Anglia Lotus Club to attend and have a stand. For the last few years they have attended Henham Wings & Wheels around the same time, it's an alright event, but I think this will be better, so to drop Henham for Duxford.

If the EALC club attends you can expect around 10-15 Lotus cars. Hopefully the decision will happen at the next committee meeting in two weeks time, I'll keep you informed.

Owen.

1. Dave and Megan

2. Paul & Sarah

3. Nigeninga

4.Steve1

5.Dave Eds (with LEC, TLF and EALC hats on).

Dave.

I've already spoken to Dave, and suggested if they do end up having a stand, as EALC would do if they attend. If LEC and the invited TLF attendants are up for it, possibly grouping up for the convoy to the event, those form the Norfolk region, and to have both club stand adjacent to each other if possible, making one impressive Lotus car display.

Most events EALC displays at in the Anglia region, the club gets between 10-15 cars displaying, some events it's been nearly 30. It's not a massive amount, but I thought adding our numbers and stand to the Lotus car display was not an unreasonable suggestion.

As said, EALC decision hasn't been decided yet.

I could be up for a trip South for this event if I can arrange work etc.

(if I can go see the planes!!)

Dont worry,be happy.............

As I live 5 mins away it would be a bit rude not to show up....

must be going in the tesla then alan

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

already down on LEC list to attend this, would be good to get TLF and EALC altogether. owen, don't think this will clash with henham but it might a bit to close for commitee to arrange. although some members might like to attend this as an alternative, fancy organising it?

chipp

In all honesty if Tlf wants to have a stand and we can get a good turnout then lets do it, if other groups want to join in then thats ok.

At the end of the day, its a good day out, its a good run, plenty of people and a good museum to boot.

• 1 month later...

still happening AFAIK but will check over on LEC for an update!

Here you go

"Well I've gone ahead and booked the space (25 cars) as there will be others attending so not just our Elans.

Space can be increased so if it looks like we are more than 25 in total then I will book more space.

May be need to sort out a meeting point so we can arrive in Convoy as per normal, Birchanger Services seems a good place then a run either up the M11 or may be some back roads.

Now just need the weather to be kind"

Dave.

Hi Dave, we should step this up a bit and get some more Lotus's involved we can then see about discount tickets, May is getting close, it would be good to see Mr Sparky, Felix, Chris etc so how about it chaps.

Dave give me call some time and we can arrange together.

If the weather is kind this could be a good event, last year was great, the weather not so kind.

Dave

Cheers Dave for thinking of me... It has been a long time sense we spoke last. Sorry, can not make it to this one this year. The family and I will be in the Med on holidays during that time.

Cheers

Felix

Hi mate, long time no speak, my car should be back on the road in a couple of weeks, new brakes arrive today. hoora, may take a run over to you to bed them in, will call before I travel.

Hope all is well see you in a couple of weeks

Dave

Im not sure we would require tickets Dave. I think as part of the display the concessions are either discounted or free. I am sure Dave Eds can confirm mate.

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I would have thought entry will be about £5-10 per car, most shows I've done are about that, more are £10 now, some did rise from £5 last year. It's getting expensive to be show attractions nowadays.

I would assume, but correct me if I'm wrong, is to order your own ticket, you will then get your car pass sent directly to you, just tell them you are on the Lotus stand (LEC).

Owen

1. Dave and Megan

2. Paul & Sarah

3. Nigeninga

4.Steve1

5.Dave Eds (with LEC, TLF)

6. PFD.

7. Owen & Tracy - Esprit GT3