Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
DRL at the Evora - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

DRL at the Evora

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the DRL function at the ICM (PIN A23) and what is it for?

Edited by USAndretti42
Removed quote of the only previoud post in the topic

@Bibs, that's right. The problem is, that the interior lighntning is dimmed, if you turn on the lights. So my idea is to enable the DRL-function, but I've no Idea and I think there's nobody who has already done this. The answer from Lotuscars wasn't very helpfull. I don't really understand why they didn't enable this function?????

Let's see, maybe there is someone who has tried to enable it. Thanks to all :-)

Stoppel.

Good idea if it is possible to have this enabled. I tend to drive with my headlights on all the time and have the dashboard lights as bright as possible. Having the DRL's operating automatically with the ignition would prevent leaving the lights on by accident and draining the battery.

Presumably DRL is enabled for the Swedish market.

Don't know if this helps but depending on how new your Evora is (<3 months), you can switch to Federal spec lighting. i.e have all lights come on, on ignition. If you look in the passenger footwell under the glove box you'll see 2 white connectors, plug them together and voila.

My car is may 2010 and I can't see 2 white connectors.

Maybe these are only there as you say on cars <3 months old

I presume we are talking RHD cars I am looking in the correct place under the glovebox?

5377670057_65073beefa_z.jpg

@ Brian, yes but not on my car as it's over 6 months old and doesn't have the male/female white connectors.

Edit - If you have the 2 connectors, they are next to the other white connector, shown right at the top of your photo. Obviously yours doesn't Brian unless you haven't captured them in your photo.

Stoppel, tell us how you get on - N.B. You have to actually start the car to check it works.

Edited by JAWS

If you look at the photo; right at the top, pretty much in the centre you can see a white connector just poking into shot. That is attached to the wiring harness. In the same place on the wiring harness will be 2 other white connectors (if you have them) that are slightly larger. They will be visible without removing any panels etc.

Edited by JAWS

I did it ;-)

I hope thet the picture-link works. I put in both connectors (as you wrote, they are on the passenger side - it's equal if you've a LHD or a RHD - it's always the passenger side) and right now the Lights are burning, after starting the engine. What doesn't work is the "coming-home-function" - it'll work if you turm on the lights at the switch although they're already burning ;-)

Maybe I'll work at the DRL function in the summer, when it's getting a bit warmer. For the moment your suggestion is a really helpfull not to forget putting the lights on :-)

Stoppel.

post-11731-0-90218400-1295797307.jpg

If you look at the photo; right at the top, pretty much in the centre you can see a white connector just poking into shot. That is attached to the wiring harness. In the same place on the wiring harness will be 2 other white connectors (if you have them) that are slightly larger. They will be visible without removing any panels etc.

Thanks!

Looks like I do have them, though I only had a quick look.. Will try tomorrow!

• 5 months later...

Don't know if this helps but depending on how new your Evora is (<3 months), you can switch to Federal spec lighting. i.e have all lights come on, on ignition. If you look in the passenger footwell under the glove box you'll see 2 white connectors, plug them together and voila.

Hello Jimbo, Stoppel, et al--

Over here on the other side of the world, I am trying to disable the DRL function on my Federal 2011 Evora. Disconnecting the circuit mentioned did the trick, and now my headlight switch actually turns the headlights on and off.

But a curious side effect is that now the turn signals (indicators) blink at twice the normal rate. There seems to be no difference in any of the componentry in the circuit-- the wiring harness, Integrated Control Module, etc, do not have separate part numbers for Federal cars-- so there must be another pin to jump or something.

Unfortunately, wiring diagrams for Federal cars are not available for download via Lotus, and the UK download page does not allow US credit cards so I'm unable to retrieve the Euro wiring diagram. Would anyone on the forum be able to supply the latter, or give some pointers as to what other part of the circuit needs to be connected/disconnected/jumped?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Without going in to some fundemental changes to the wiring harness, relays or ICM you'll struggle to change the issue you are experiencing. The link harness you've disconnected helps to confuse the rear lights on federal cars which use the LED's as indicators (turn signals) as apposed to a standard orange bulb used by ROW. You might be better off just getting ROW spec rear lamps.

Edit- Just seen your post on Lotustalk :hrhr:

Edited by JAWS

You might be better off just getting ROW spec rear lamps.

Edit- Just seen your post on Lotustalk :hrhr:

They say great minds think alike, Jimbo. WIth the wiring diagrams in hand, it became obvious that the easiest path would be replacing the taillights with the Euro versions. Long-lived item, no need to buy new-- anyone have a used set they'd like to sell?

Other interesting possibilities have occurred to me as I flipped through the diagrams: a rear fog light, maybe adding cruise control. I'll post more in the other forum as (and if) I make progress.

Edit: Jimbo, I just noticed a question you posted in the other forum about the Federal side marker lights. I absolutely agree that they're ugly. To answer your question, yes they can be removed-- maybe not legally. as unlike DRL they are a US Dept of Transportation requirement-- but they leave unsightly mounting holes to fill. When I figure out how to smuggle a pair of ROW Evora bumpers on the plane back from the UK in my luggage, it will be a happy day...

Edited by West-of-Hethel