Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ronnie peterson black badge? - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ronnie peterson black badge?

SafraneV6RXE

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there was a disscusion on old forum re the black badge mystery, and some one with far more knowlege than I, did give an explanation, but for the life of me I cannot remember what that was now, down to age at my end, and I seeme to think that they said Lotus had loads of black badges, and it depended which one came out of the parts box as to which you got, but dont quote me on that.

I had a 76 Elite and now have a 78 Elite and both have the black badge, and most of the ones that come up on E bay, and similar places appear to be the same.

So not very rare really, well no more than the car is getting to be slowly.

Always quite intrigued why the Elite and Eclat are not worth much money, compared to say Elans and Europas, and even ratty old Sunbeam Lotus's that need so much welding, are fetching big money in comparison, can understand Lotus Cortinas being a bit rare now, and wish now I had kept my Mark 1 with a frame rear suspension that I had so many years ago, I cant remember exactly when, but probably late 60s or very early 70s.

Regards All

Mike your car is looking very good

Regards

Mike

to summarize:

its the typical ebay lotus...started project, now money is running out and seller needs to find an excuse for advertizing it...also he needs to create a story around that rotten piece to make it attractive for somebody to pay more than it is worth.

you can buy such batches at ebay and put it on any car!!!!

Edited by Elite7

I understood that the black badges were only fitted to extremely rare, ultra valuable special lotus models......... should your car be a truly special model but fitted with a traditional badge, then it's worthless, however an extremely rare and value enhancing black badge is available for between £25 (wrong script, but thats really anal) to £60( for the correct script, buyer beware on fleabay!) from various outlets. My Elite must be worth a fortune....... 2.2Elites normally had black badges, but mine has a green and yellow one (I found it in the back of a cupboard, left over from my old PLUS 2 project) :thumbup:

Any one purchasing these kind of cars should do some research before leaping in, surely nobody falls for the "black badge" scam any more?