Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit S2 heater - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit S2 heater

Hi Lez, sorry for my rather late reply.

In answer to your original question, I did successfully refurbish the box but in the end I bought a second hand one from Lotusbits and refurbished that.  I still have the original unit in the photo on my post of 5th March 2011 which has a dent in the top.

Put simply, one end has screws so you can remove that side, the rest of it is pop rivited together so I drilled them out, and got all the metalwork blasted and repainted.  There is a small heater matrix inside, you can get them from SJ I think but I took mine to a radiator refurbishing company who sorted it out (I think it was 80% restricted).  You will need to remove the two hoses which enter it from the passenger foot well under the dash, with a bucket to catch the coolant.

I do have photos of it in bits so if you want to see those, let me know.

It was a total bastard getting the thing in and out.  I guess you will have seen the whole dash has to come out to get to it?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Nelly said:

Hi Lez, sorry for my rather late reply.I

It was a total bastard getting the thing in and out.  I guess you will have seen the whole dash has to come out to get to it?

....  and that's just about what one expects in working on these infernal things, regardless of make! As often stated,  in producing a car one takes a heater and then proceeds to build around that.

Cheers

Thanks for the input. Ive dismantled most of the heater unit now. However I cannot remove the 2 flaps from the  control levers. Are they pressed in? I obviously don't want to force them out. their too fragile. How do you remove them from the 'rod' that holds the flaps.?

On 31/10/2019 at 19:21, williamtherebel said:

Hi Christian, Many thanks. This is what Im after.

vent.jpg

yes thats what I have. If you PM me your address I'll bung it in the post.

cheers

C43

On 01/11/2019 at 12:30, Nelly said:

Hi Lez, sorry for my rather late reply.

In answer to your original question, I did successfully refurbish the box but in the end I bought a second hand one from Lotusbits and refurbished that.  I still have the original unit in the photo on my post of 5th March 2011 which has a dent in the top.

Put simply, one end has screws so you can remove that side, the rest of it is pop rivited together so I drilled them out, and got all the metalwork blasted and repainted.  There is a small heater matrix inside, you can get them from SJ I think but I took mine to a radiator refurbishing company who sorted it out (I think it was 80% restricted).  You will need to remove the two hoses which enter it from the passenger foot well under the dash, with a bucket to catch the coolant.

I do have photos of it in bits so if you want to see those, let me know.

Hi Neal, My heater is missing one of the trunking connectors (don't know its correct name!). Would you be willing to part with one of yours from your old heater unit? If so please let me know what you would want for it. Cheers. 

Inkednelly's heater_LI.jpg