Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wheels: 17"/19" (F/R) ? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Wheels: 17"/19" (F/R) ?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends on the style, Bibs. I'm looking at split rims which use the same size centers on the 18s and the 19s, the only difference is the step in the barrel. But yeah, if I wasn't a little concerned I wouldn't be asking.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Hi Lucas,

Dont think 17 front and 19 rear will look right, the tyre size on the 19" rim will be 30...35mm and the fronts you will have to go larger, so in affect you will have a n elastic band on the rear and at least a 45mm tyre on the front minium! I personally would stick with the later v8 set up i.e 17 front and 18" rear. I know what your saying about the split rims but to be honest as you have the later type esprit the offset is not as bad as the G cars so you dont really need a big dished alloy wheel so they would look fine 17 and a 18 split rim!

Just my two pence worth :thumbup:

Regards danny

A

IF I did it I'd stick with my 215/45-17s on the front and probably do 275/35-19s in the back...in which case I don't the the ratios would be out of whack. But yes, it would be an expensive mistake if I ended up hating them.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

I am not sure that I am feeling this type of setup. I would have to think that there is a reason why you don't see a 2" difference in wheel size...

Sucks to store the extra wheels/tires but you can put the originals to the side and save them...An 18/19 setup would look good!

J