Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEGS around Deeside 17th April - Page 2 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEGS around Deeside 17th April

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the offer.

I thought that I needed a new hub carrier after the outer CV spline sheared off just behind the hub nut at KH and the wheel adopted am angle of 45 degs, but they are not made anymore for my '96 S1, and I could not source a used one. However we can refit it, so it just needs a new outer CV joint, wheel bearing, and the four stud hub flange. However I have a Honda conversion, and you would not believe the combinations of drive shaft splines and outer CV joints that have been used. They all use the Type-R inner CV joint, but some have the standard Elise outer or upgraded ones from the Ford Transit or whatever else was the flavour of the month. I have both new and used ones collected over the years, and every bloody one seems to be different sizes at the two ends of the CV. If it fits the drive shaft then it does not fit the hub flange or vice versa. However I think we have found a solution using three mix and match parts, but will not know until the garage opens on Monday morning.

I have two Honda S1's, N1 TUT and N3 TUT, so last resort would be to take the complete assembly off N1 which has been rebuilt and garaged for five years and fit that. Pretty sure that I will see you on Sunday, need to keep Brian in hand.

Cheers

tut

Hi, count me in. Probably pick u up at the Cairn O' Mount

1. bingoking +1 coffee, Castle tour, lunch

2. scottmgibb - cup of tea at Milton (will meet you there as I will be with NECL too) and on to Castle (though no tour as I have yet another lunch to attend elsewhere!)

3. Al + 1 coffee, Castle tour, lunch

4. Gordon + Linda...................WOOOOHOOO

5: Justin182

6: Scotty C (Sore head permitting)

7: Hedgerley + 1. Castle tour and lunch. Not sure where we will meet as its likely we will make a weekend of it. Will advise when she decides.......

8: Arch + Justine. Lunch

2. scottmgibb - cup of tea at Milton (will meet you there as I will be with NECL too) and on to Castle (though no tour as I have yet another lunch to attend elsewhere!)

7: Hedgerley + 1. Castle tour and lunch. Not sure where we will meet as its likely we will make a weekend of it. Will advise when she decides.......

9: tut?

10: Andrew C?

11:Graeme86

you bringing the Esprit Archie...?! :)

Unfortunately no. What can i say? Nigel promised he'd get back in touch asap about the water pump over a month ago but still nothing.

I've got more time on my hands now because we've finished this years refurb on the lodge so I might take you up on the "help" offer. If it still stands?

cheers, Arch

9: tut, Lunch

10: Andrew C?

11:Graeme86

12: delands

13: One Other?

Just a reminder that if you are coming along can you let me know where you will be joining us on the route as the timings are quite tight for getting to the coffee stop at The Railway Preservation Society at Milton of Crathes.

Can you also indicate if you have a passenger and if you want to take the Castle Fraser tour and have lunch there as I need to advise numbers to the organiser of the other group so he can advise the Castle etc.

Thanks for your help.

Brian

Stracathro 0900, lunch, no walking, no pax. (car permitting)

tut

Edited by tut

Yep, don't want to do the main road so will go to Banchory from Old Deer then the Cairn, Fettercairn,Edzell, Stracathro.

tut

So TWO trips over The Cairn in one day!

Smart thinking tut, good of you to check for SCAM vans for us! :police::thumbup:

Did the same the last time I met up with you.

Hate the A96, so an early morning drive over the Cairn etc on my ownsome at my own pace, will set me up nicely for driving back in the opposite direction.

Will do anything to avoid dual carriageways and M/W's.

tut

ps and as Brian says, i can check out for those scum of the earth Scam Vans. Had eleven points, now on zero, no front number plate on, so they can go and fcuk themselves.

ps when I said on my ownsome Justin, that only meant if there was nobody else with me as opposed to I did not want company.

tut

Scotty, are youse going down the A90, maybe best bet so that you don't hold us up on the Cairn.

<BG>

tut

If I'm early enough I'll see u at the top of Cairn O Mount. Otherwise it'll be Crathes. Justine likes to take it easy on Sunday mornings if we have no guests. My BRG M100 went off to a new home tonight so I'm down to one running Loti.

Sooo... Gearbox changed out for a later GT3 box

Gear channge was really awful after swaping the box over but i have now had the gear translator re- furbished and although its a bit notchy its ok.

Fill up the car with fuel tomorrow and we are good to go :)

Brian......Hope you have organised a nice sunny day along with all the other planning you have put into this :thumbsup:

I will check the route again tomorrow and let you know where i am meeting up with you all.

Looking forward to a great day out :cool:

tut confirms that my request for good weather looks to have been granted!

Weh heh, I'm home on schedule as well.

New gear linkage in the Evora is totally different to previous affair and MUCH better. Thanks to MMC for that. The new ECU map is a big improvement as well and was noticeable even getting out from the back of MMC. Much smoother. Car going home from the airport on Wednesday seemed much faster in pulling away in higher gears on the Motorway as well although to be honest that could just be me and my crap sense of speed after 4 weeks going nowhere fast on a ship. Looking forward to Sunday and Brain assured me last night at Club Lotus that he has ordered sunny weather AND clear roads. Mix in some good company and the day should be a blast.

Hopefully a nice day at Doune Hill Climb on the Saturday for a perfect w/e. Now how do you gag the speed limiter in the passenger seat again? :innocent:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Ah, that's a good point Al. With SWMBO on board we had better set off Saturday afternoon if we're we are going to get to Castle Fraser in time for Sunday lunch :innocent:

Seriously, we will meet you at Broxden at 8.00. Looking forward to a good out although I fully expect to be tail end Charlie. See above.