Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alloy problem...help? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Alloy problem...help?

Hi can anyone help?

I am selling a set of oz futura's on ebay but they are different sizes than the originals.

245/45/17

215/40/17

People have been asking for the Offset and PCD but i am unable to find these on the alloys.

Question. Is the Offset and PCD the size between the holes to fit the car?

If i got the dimensions from standard alloys is this going to be the same for mine?

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gareth,

The PCD is the wheel bolt pattern measurment. i.e 5 x 108mm I.e it has five bolts and the measurment between each is 108mm. The offset is the measurement to determine where the wheel sits in relation of the hub/ wheel rim to wheel arch this is measured by the wheel width I.e if the rim is 200mm wide the centre of the wheel is 100mm. From this measurement you measure where the actual flat hub surface is i.e the face that bolts to the hub. So if its say 120mm to the surface edge its +20 and if its say 80mm its -20mm.

It determines where the wheel sits the easyiest way to explain it is the early G shaped cars the back wheels are minus twenty you can see they are a minus offset as the dishes are so deep, if you bolted one of these to a later esprit that had the same bolt pattern it would stick out miles from under the wheel arch.

I hope this helps as its easy to know to hard to explain, and im not the best at writing to explain something, sorry i cant help you with the offsets or pcd for your car but pretty sure someone will post them up soon!

Regards danny

A

This is hard with the tyres on. I just worked it with the size of tyre.....245

Its hard to get an accurate reading of the width of the actual rim.

All sorted now. Thanks for everyones help.

Worked out they are 8" in Fronts and 9.5" backs.

40 offset on backs and 30 on fronts.