Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEF Factory Visit (chat about the Event!) - Page 14 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEF Factory Visit (chat about the Event!)

Tony...........................Tony........................Tony?................Tone??? :huh:

Anybody know where he went? :huh:

Came up with new brilliant plan :huh:

Fly into UK anyway, go to Fishes house and both of us make way to Lotus factory :huh:

Fish uses his fabulous persona and gets detained by security personel whilst I sneak in and tour myself round (disguised as Giugiaro , the workers will think hes there to fix up the styling on the new car) :huh:

It might just work :rolleyes:

SUNP0003-1.jpg

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

giugiaro.jpg

Whena Ia wassa bambino, anna hadda noa lira, wea usta sneaka inna da movies lika dat alla da tima :huh:

Anna Bibsa, yousa jokesta sayina my pala Wayna likesa da boysa? :huh:

I thoughta wea notsaposta jokesta abouta da homostuffa onna da foruma :rolleyes:

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Touche! :huh:

lol

I think the whole thing will be superb as long as you lot form abroad are all coming..

The knees up in the hotel will be a blast... even though the 2 girls I invited along said they can't do it cos their BF's would go ballistic as "they know what we're like when we get together... and in a hotel without them...."

Shame! :huh::rolleyes:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Thanks guys was feeling a little hard done by for a minute there. I really am working hard on getting it sorted, so please be nice :)

OK Listen up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have spoken to Rob Tickner today, he's been very helpful and a big thank you has to go out to him and all the guys at marketing. Just to show you how you are all thought of up here, when I suggested we get the press involved on the day of the visit his comment was " We know all the press guys really well but if we have them here it will mean we can't give the guys 100% attention and we want to make it special." Basically if the press were there for the whole day they would feel like they have to give them some attention and this would detract from your experiance, so good on em.

Wayne and overesea's guys...how many days/weeks you expecting to come over for? I can give you 2 dates with 7 days of each other that Lotus are looking at, so if you plan to stay for a week plus then go for it. DATES CURRENTLY UNDER CONSIDERATION ARE: 2nd October (Monday) or 9th October (Also a Monday).

So who's up for a party? :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

well i can do anyday, aslong as i get to upset as many londoners as possible in one day he he he, and the tutting crew of course (eh robin)

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Whoops! :)

It seems that I have missed some serious discussion here during my vacation!

Guys! Tony & the others are doing a hell of a job to get this gathering going! I have organized much smaller events - I know what I am talking about!

I'd see no problemo if they would consider to invite the Elite/Eclat/Excel bunch or even any other Lotus' like Elise/Exige etc....

Guys, if you don't want to mix with others - you don't have to...but I believe Esprit onwers/drivers are man (woman) enough to stand on top of the crowd -

I will do everything to join this event and am very positive to bring the car with me...

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

I could do either, but the 9th would be preferable.

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Tony, you came back! :)

So your suggesting we fly in for the 2nd., but hang around for a week incase the date changes to the 9th.? :)

I would rather just come in for the 9th. personnally, as the flight for Sept 30th. has already sold out. :(

SUNP0003-1.jpg

:) Either date ok for me. Would also consider coming up on the Sunday and staying till the tuesday.

Cliff :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Whatever best suits the guys flying in please, it is only a 4 hour drive for me they have a bit further to come and more expense.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I'm with Howard on this

If Wayne says the 9th then I hope the same goes for the majority of our overseas friends :)

Any time - any place (well... we know that one!) I'll make myself available!

(ok off you go Wayne, Slade, etc I think I must have given you more than enough ammunition in that sentence!) :)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

October 9th works for me!!!!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Marketing are coming back to me early next week, so will mention 9th as best unless I hear anything else. Wayne....if it costs more I for one am willing to start collecting to make up the difference. It wouldn't be complete without you and the rest of our overseas friends.

Slade did you say you couldn't make it?

Anyone who wants to stay longer is welcome at the complimentary rate. You also have not one but two PGA tour golf courses and a whole plethora of great places to visit (My Honda dealership, my pub, me.... :) ).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Yep You can count me in on an international assistance slush fund! :)

I'd be happy to help out :)

2643715_i_1_k_.jpg

Marketing are coming back to me early next week, so will mention 9th as best unless I hear anything else. Wayne....if it costs more I for one am willing to start collecting to make up the difference. It wouldn't be complete without you and the rest of our overseas friends.

Anyone who wants to stay longer is welcome at the complimentary rate. You also have not one but two PGA tour golf courses and a whole plethora of great places to visit (My Honda dealership, my pub, me.... :) ).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kimbers,

If you need a helping hand with this event just give me a shout, I've some spare time over the next few months.

Keith.

Marketing are coming back to me early next week, so will mention 9th

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm... the 9th, iffy :) (it's a monday isn't it... though a weekend wouldn't be much better, only allowing me one more day's leeway). I was holding out hope that it would be sometime this month still. It's really too close for me to be able to say anything precise right now for Oct., I could probably get out of work for a bit, and I could probably skip a few classes and bargain with a few professors... It depends how exams etc. go. You know, I could probably get the time off.

The main problem would lie in the fact that in any case I probably wouldn't be able to stay long at all, in and out. And I have to discuss that with the people who are offering me (quite generously) transportation (who I am PMing right now)

All speculative, Still don't let things hinge on me... I don't even know for sure my school or work schedules. I think I ought to be able to make it, I'll work something out.

I will do everything in my power to meet up with you guys, I don't care who I have to sleep with. Speaking of which...

Any time - any place (well... we know that one!) I'll make myself available!

Fishy with no strings attatched... I said my visit would have to be "in and out" but now it takes on a whole new meaning :)

Slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Thanks men for the offers of a whip round , but I think I can just about hack it financially! (if I live on leftovers for the next couple of months) :)

Slade, if you want dont mind whacking the cost of my hotel room and sharing if it would make it any easier for you. It would be great if you go as I think you would have a fun time hanging out with the Brits, and of course Kimbers will treat you like royalty! B) (and you can reveal your laid back accent to them!) :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Great Wayne, I'll see exactly what my lodging situation is going to be like and report back B) (Little does Wayne know I snore and insist on sleeping naked, heh... oh wait, did I say that out loud? :)) Wouldn't mind sharing a room at all.

I definitely do want to go. Anticipating grave cultural mixups (like public school meaning private school... and private parts meaning public parts) :)

(My laid back California accent might convince people I'm actually laid back somehow :( won't people be disappointed)

Slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7