Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEF Factory Visit (chat about the Event!) - Page 12 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEF Factory Visit (chat about the Event!)

i have come to the conclusion that all our friends in those foreign lands are rollin in cash LOL, pilots lessons, just nipping over to hethel, and to top it off meerkats. "oh the joy to one day ride a meerkat"

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a plan Paul :blink: But I'd rather ride Wayne's meerkat too :)

SLADE

The RSPCA will arrest you for that over here.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

The RSPCA will arrest you for that over here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, I really ought to check up on what they will arrest you for before I'm over there err doing something I shouldn't be.

What a country!

yakovsmirnoff1.jpg

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Hi all

It's official. I had a call tonight. Quite exciting as our visit is going to be part of their........yawn.....really tired.......finish this later. :blink:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

That was HOURS ago you evil sod! LOL

Come on... spill!! :D

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Lotus

homernothoner5yc.png

Hethel

homernothoner5yc.png

100 Esprits

homernothoner5yc.png

The new Esprit

homernothoner5yc.png

Beating fishy at poker

homernothoner5yc.png

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Maybe he got caught getting up to no good with Wayne's meerkat :D:D

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Sorry guys genuinely fell asleep at the computer. Was meaning to finish it last night, hope you don't hold it against me...unless you are a lady.

They want to use the visit as part of their 40 years at Hethel celebrations!

I will know more tomorrow when I ply the old man with alcohol and fathers day pressies.

Looks like all systems are go.....just need and exact day now and we can start booking up the hotel etc.

Great news...oh and did someone mention Poker ?

Oh god this could get expensive........I have the table and poker set though.....am in middle of a big tourney so must get on......

Why not just confirm a date? then we can all make arrangements.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The event has been confirmed but still no date other than the beginning of October as Lotus are unsure of how to cater for 200 Esprit nutters in one go. Could get even bigger if all the factories thinking comes off and we could have Elite and Eclat owners attending with us as part of the 40 years at Hethel celebrations.......Now for me that would REALLY be a great event!!! :)

• Gold FFM

Better be quick with the Hotels / B&B's. Won't be a bed left in town!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Since things have gone a bit quiet on this front recently (not a criticism Kimbers, I know how long organising events like this can take) I thought I would throw in a subject for discussion.

When this meeting was first suggested it was a forum only event where Esprit owners could get together for a pint or two, put faces to names, discuss their cars, show off in a "parade" through Great Yarmouth and generally have a good time with the added bonus of this all happening at the "grand temple" at Hethel. In essence, a sort of international club meeting.

We were all going to have a chance to drive our cars around the track (now sadly not possible for insurance reasons), get a tour around the factory and maybe get a sneaky look at the new Esprit (I can dream).

Now, things have changed dramatically. It is looking as if Lotus is planning to turn this into a sort of repeat of the 50th Anniversary event with owners of all the cars built at Hethel invited along. It is no longer looking like a bunch of like-minded Esprit nuts getting together for a boy's (and girl's) day out but a carefully organised event probably with a bouncy castle for the kids and craft stands for the disinterested other-halfs (of either sex - no discrimination intended). With so many people invited there is less chance of getting a ride around the track with a "test driver" and almost no chance of seeing anything interesting hidden under a sheet (I know, there was no chance anyway!).

The question is - has the event been highjacked? Is this what the forum members actually signed up for?

Personally, I liked the idea of the more intimate meeting. I went to the 50th Anniversary event and while I enjoyed it felt it was almost too big. That's not to say that I wouldn't come to the event whatever form it takes. I'll take any excuse to drive the car and especially one that ends up at Hethel with a chance to meet some of the people I have communicated with on here.

Please don't think this is a criticism of Kimbers and Bibs' hard work organising this event. We are all very grateful to them and whatever happens we will have a great time. This is just a subject for discussion.

I open the floor to comments...

Richard

Now, things have changed dramatically. It is looking as if Lotus is planning to turn this into a sort of repeat of the 50th Anniversary event with owners of all the cars built at Hethel invited along.

Where did you read this?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

In Kimbers' post further up the page...

"The event has been confirmed but still no date other than the beginning of October as Lotus are unsure of how to cater for 200 Esprit nutters in one go. Could get even bigger if all the factories thinking comes off and we could have Elite and Eclat owners attending with us as part of the 40 years at Hethel celebrations.......Now for me that would REALLY be a great event!!!"

Ok - perhaps "all the cars" built at Hethel is an exaggeration but even without the Elises that's still a lot of people.

Richard

Edited by RichardN

Guest Troy Halliday

Yes I have privately spoken to a few members of this site who all feel the same way. Although a large avent could be interesting there seems to be more than enough events where the Esprit get pushed to the back of the field. Time after time we see the Elise/Elan crew dominating a show because of there numbers. To my mind this is the biggest reason for limited turnout of Esprit owners at these avents.

Well lets see how the wind blows on this one, but I am not eager to play second fiddle to the mid range models again.

Oh bugger that obviously didn't sink in. So it will be swarming with Elises, yippy-doo. I seriously don't mind the older stuff but I find a kind of inverse snobbery with some of the Elise clan, I think maybe one in 5 has ever returned a wave or thumbs-up.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Got to agree, much keener on an Esprit only meet, we seem to have a special connection on this forum and would really like to focus on that as Richard has said. I also though recognise the work of Kimbers and Bibs and think we should all remember that we are fortunate to have the opportunity to debate this (i.e. any visit better than nothing). To me it's also another indication of the close regard Lotus have for the Esprit owner which seems to me to "above and beyond" when compared to other manufacturers.

Regards

Mat Kutub

1979 S2

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

I also agree, I thought the original idea was for members of this forum, to have a get together at Lotus, I have nothing against owners of other lotus cars, but if it is an allcomers event then I am not going, I can see all the other cars at Donington or Stonleigh.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I appreciate everything Kimbers and Bibs are doing, but I agree this really needs to be an Esprit only get together. As someone else mentioned, if opened to the Elise crowd we'll probably end up stuck in an obscure corner of the factory behind a potting shed!

It's not exactly a trip up the high street for me to get there (despite a free ride in Waynes Lear Jet :)), and thus I was hoping for more of a personal experience, not a carnival.

Again, don't take this as a criticism, just an opinion ............

P

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!