Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEF Factory Visit (chat about the Event!) - Page 16 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEF Factory Visit (chat about the Event!)

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the suspence is killing me! (or is it the heat) :o

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

OI! Kimbers!!!!

<ELBOW!>

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Aarrrghhhhh!  :o  :(  :o

:)

Wasn't it sorry :(

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hey all, promised I'd hang around for a while and here I am. :blink:

Occasionally you may see the odd post/pm from me but alot of the time this will be dad. Please check the name at the bottom before swearing at me for not giving you all some Luuurve!

I have been working feverishly behind the scenes on this and I think we will go for a date of the 9th October. This seems to be favourite with 90% of you prefering that date.

I am looking for about 200 people for this and we are at approximately 176, so I have pm's Kato and asked him if he knows of about 30 people who will be interested. This should also add to the number of Esprits we get and maybe increase membership of our little forum here, when they see what a great crowd we have.

I have a little more info. It is being discussed that you may have the OPTION, to take your car round the track. This will involve a cost as insurance for the day is

Edited by Kimbers

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Thanks for the update... that really is excellent news :blink:

I for one am more than happy with your proposal re making a financial contribution towards the cost of the day. Am really looking forward to the 8th/9th October.

Finally, and most importantly, welcome back Kimbers, we've been missing you.

James

Edited by Tentenths

That sounds fine by me - I think you would easily get at least 25 people who wouldnt mind a quick go on the track at

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Guest Troy Halliday

Sounds great to me I'll be there and hopefully hang around for a few days aswell. The Sunday night pissup will mean I have to take it a bit easy cos I get massive hangovers. So if anyone is staying over Monday night I will be more than happy to try a drink the bar dry with them :blink: and sleep all Tuesday moning and groaning and telling spiders to walk quieter. :angry:

will be there on the monday me thinks

will be there on the monday me thinks cant decided yet

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Thanks for the update... that really is excellent news :angry:

I for one am more than happy with your proposal re making a financial contribution towards the cost of the day. Am really looking forward to the 8th/9th October.

Finally, and most importantly, welcome back Kimbers, we've been missing you.

James

Thanks James, greatly appreciated. There have been many posts on here I would love to comment on (and rest assured I read them all) but unfortunately, for the moment I must keep myself to myself.

Anyhoo.

Forgot to mention the little sunday drive we were planning on doing. Due to the amount of work and time this is taking I will need someone else to take over planning this. Bibs over to you......like you don't have enough to do. :o

Feels like I never left. :blink::o

Kimbers,

Thats all good.

Are we having a list of names thread for the for the track option? as Im up for this. The pace car sounded a bit crap at first but at least it should help ensure we are all safe on the day.

Thats great news.

Can I just confirm a few points? When the final ok comes through on the date I am assuming that it is up to each person to book the hotel for themselves? Is there a secret code we should give ("The Esprit flies at midnight") to get the special rate or just mention the event :blink:

Will Bibs be sending out an email to let us all know when the confirmation arrives as he did in the early days. I would hate to miss out on a room because I didn't visit the site at the right time!

As far as the pace car goes, I took part in a similar track run for Lotuses where the pace car was driving far faster than most of the other drivers could manage (well me at least and I was in a Sport 300). I am not saying this will be the same but it is unlikely to limit the enjoyment for the majority.

Richard

Once everything is confirmed I'll be sending out an email to everyone and we'll have a new 'numbers' thread with confirmed attendees.

Kimbers, sunday run, que? Is that the charity event in Yarmouth?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hi Kimbers great to hear from you again.

Bloody typical , knew this would happen. I go on holiday to the Canaries and the date gets announced. Working with an IpaQ and mobile so bit difficult.

Definitely coming to all of this and the track . So if anyone can suggest way of getting things booked from my end please let me know.

Thanks for all the hard work

Cliff

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Thats great news.

Can I just confirm a few points? When the final ok comes through on the date I am assuming that it is up to each person to book the hotel for themselves? Is there a secret code we should give ("The Esprit flies at midnight") to get the special rate or just mention the event :rolleyes:

Will Bibs be sending out an email to let us all know when the confirmation arrives as he did in the early days. I would hate to miss out on a room because I didn't visit the site at the right time!

As far as the pace car goes, I took part in a similar track run for Lotuses where the pace car was driving far faster than most of the other drivers could manage (well me at least and I was in a Sport 300). I am not saying this will be the same but it is unlikely to limit the enjoyment for the majority.

Richard

Hi Richard

Yes it will be up to each person to book their rooms themselves. It will be first come first served but please note that there will be 100 rooms available so we should be fine. If you want a suite then tell them at the time but there will be a cost implication.

The reason I have used this place is many fold. The conference and banquiting manager is a mate. It has loads of rooms, It's a PGA Golf tour venue, it's not in the City, nice and quiet, It's got a massive car park area and they are willing to pull out all the stops to protect your precious babies, booze isn't too expensive (important one that one).

Pace car is necessary as if someone kills themselves Lotus could get sued.

Lastly Bibs will be e-mailing you all hopefully tomorrow when I tie everything up in to a neat little (Huge) package.

Hi Kimbers great to hear from you again.

Bloody typical , knew this would happen. I go on holiday to the Canaries and the date gets announced. Working with an IpaQ and mobile so bit difficult.

Definitely coming to all of this and the track . So if anyone can suggest way of getting things booked from my end please let me know.

Thanks for all the hard work

Cliff

Anyone willing to sort Cliff out? Also how many Cliff? 1 or 2 (though they are charging per room so you should be ok).

As ever, thank you so much for the effort! This should be great :rolleyes:

Hi Kimbers - this is looking great! - many thanks from many people for organising... really looking forward to it!

Oct 9th sounds as good as any to me - but will have loads to do in preparation... if I really do drive over, I'll have to sort out the Chunnel and stuff - anyone taken one of the really low fronted Esprit models (Sport 300/350/02V8) on a Chunnel adventure? Will it go on without a problem?

Guess I'll also need to get a TCS membership (Swiss RAC) :rolleyes:

Regarding numbers - is this gonna be open to non-forum members as well? There may well be a couple of other guys from over here that would be interested, but aren't forum members (not enough of the topics are written in German :o ). I met another guy here last Saturday with an 02 V8 - he mentioned that he may also be up for driving over..... but before I start inviting Lotus owners over here, please let me know the limitations!

Thanks

Rob S