Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEF Factory Visit (chat about the Event!) - Page 5 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEF Factory Visit (chat about the Event!)

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

Not been around for a couple of weeks due to work and thought I'd beter catch up. Looks like this is going to be a great day but unfortunately I dont think I'm gonna be able to come......

Booked in for a scare yourself silly day at Lotus on 13th August including a factory tour with my father, his 30th birthday present to me, he's coming aswell, if I came I think it would spoil the specialness of that day for me.

Gutted though as it sounds like its going to be a fantastic, never to be missed day, including meeting the famous Mr WayneB and our other foreign friends! :):lol::P

Simon :P

Chunky Lover

KIMBERS - love the convoy down the promanade idea sounds a good plan, how helpfull are the police in your neck of the woods in these things?

just to throw another idea into the pot, are we all going to meet b4 we get to hethel to get everyone together and do a car count then all go in.

(p.s. also means i wont get lost if we all go to a main motorway services b4 hand :D:( )

Edited by karluk29

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

just to throw another idea into the pot, are we all going to meet b4 we get to hethel to get everyone together and do a car count then all go in.

(p.s. also means i wont get lost if we all go to a main motorway services b4 hand  :o  :D )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice idea in principle, but from what I recall of previous trips there's not much in the way of big services on the A11 before Hethel... think classic A-road services with a Little Chef, a petrol station and a dinky car park right off the main road! If we try to group more than about 20 cars in these it'll be hopeless... :D:o That said, if we're talking smaller regional convoys regrouping immediately prior to entering Hethel, then IIRC the Little Chef between Attleborough and Wymondham was what we used for a dozen car convoy when we went to the Classic Team Lotus 50th.

If it's going to be a LEW/LEF special day then, the best idea might be to go for a dedicated parking area at Hethel and a meet-up & car park chat time of a good hour or so (tea and bacon buttie van please Kimbers :( ). That way the regional convoys can do their own stuff and the focus is on meeting up at the factory - we should have a very good idea in advance of how many are coming and in what cars, so there's potential for grouping by age, model, colour, region or whatever!

The hoon / crawl along the seafront sounds like the ideal opportunity for a full convoy out of the factory, around the locale, and then back again, constabulary permitting...

Official directions to the factory are here

Dan.

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

i just thought it would be a more impressive entrance if all together thats all.

parking in order would be good aswell, do i get my own "outkast" group LOL

Edited by karluk29

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Well the Hotel I am recommending the Wensum Valley has a car park big enough for 200 + Cars so that would be a good place to meet up....OTHERWISE (and don't forget I live just off the A11 in Wymondham, theres a new park just down my road with a little over 100 car park spaces, just off hte A11 and just before the Hethel turning. I also have another park round the corner with around 100 spaces as well so no probs with the meeting places.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

sounds good kimbers, just i know the last time i came to the factory for brake testing on gt3 i got seriously lost lol. and a convoy in would be great,,,ok would block the entrance totally as ppl would need to leave cars to get passes LOL. mayhem time

Well the Hotel I am recommending the Wensum Valley has a car park big enough for 200 + Cars so that would be a good place to meet up....OTHERWISE (and don't forget I live just off the A11 in Wymondham, theres a new park just down my road with a little over 100 car park spaces, just off hte A11 and just before the Hethel turning. I also have another park round the corner with around 100 spaces as well so no probs with the meeting places.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, any of those sound good, so I think I'll rely on your local knowledge rather than mine :D:(:D

Cheers,

Dan.

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

47 & 48

1. Dave

2. Sport 350

3. +1 (assuming in school holidays!)

4. not required

5. Staffordshire

--------------------

Dave

2000 Sport 350

I've let this go for a day or two but I've just re-read it and HAVE to take the piss (it's the rules!)

"+1 (assuming in school holidays!)"

Is there something you would like to own up to before the Daily Express decides to name and shame you?! :o:(

Just noticed in the blurb for the hotel...

"TWO 18 hole golf courses!"

"50 Electric/Petrol Buggies for Hire"

HOOON!!! :o

Also there is a hair & beauty salon etc for those needing a bit of extra leverage to get the missus along (nice stereotype eh?! :D ) :D

It clearly looks like it's a very nice place but it doesn't actually claim any kind of a 'star rating' anywhere on its website that I can see...

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Guest Troy Halliday

Trust the guy he looks like an advert for Timotei to notice the hair and beauty salon :D

Sorry Sir-Quasi-Evil-Fishy I couldn't resist :(

I so nearly went so far as to say I was waiting for you to pipe up Troy!!!

:D

Glad you didn't disappoint! LMAO

My GF says hi btw :(

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

I've let this go for a day or two but I've just re-read it and HAVE to take the piss (it's the rules!)

"+1 (assuming in school holidays!)"

Is there something you would like to own up to before the Daily Express decides to name and shame you?! :D:(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

might be that Daves wife is a teacher....

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

no date set yet as far as I know

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Any chance we can get dates sorted soon? Us "colonial types" need to do some planning and book flights!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kimbers, where the hell are you gonna put all these cars on site during a working day?? Jeez, there is hardly enough room for us if the site is busy !! (try and get MJK to sell a load of Elises so that the holding area outside Fac10/Lotus sport is a bit more empty!!). :D

I'd absolutely love to pop over when you are all on site but i might blow my cover and that might mean a bit of a slap from the management for some of the things i've said on the forum! not that any of it wasn't already in the public domain ( :( P.S. I love the company, and would NEVER do/say anything that may harm it-just covering myself).

Kimbers, where the hell are you gonna put all these cars on site during a working day?? Jeez, there is hardly enough room for us if the site is busy !! (try and get MJK to sell a load of Elises so that the holding area outside Fac10/Lotus sport is a bit more empty!!). :D

I'd absolutely love to pop over when you are all on site but i might blow my cover and that might mean a bit of a slap from the management for some of the things i've said on the forum! not that any of it wasn't already in the public domain ( :D P.S. I love the company, and would NEVER do/say anything that may harm it-just covering myself).

Hi mate

I'm sure that under the new Management your job would be safe :(

Still no problem saying hello of that I'm sure.

Boy had to edit the cr*p outta that post :o in regards to all those lovely shiny cars just sitting there.

Edited by Kimbers

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Any chance we can get dates sorted soon?  Us "colonial types" need to do some planning and book flights!

We....what am I saying :D I am trying. But getting a date for up to 200 attendees and 100 cars (plus I have asked for a proper day, not just a tour but track drives etc), with all that goes with it is really a little difficult...especially with a certain new car currently under wraps in the factory. I promise I will post a date with as much notice as possible, July though does seem like a no no. Please bear with me guys I am doing my best.

...especially with a certain new car currently under wraps in the factory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's ok,.. we promise to keep our eyes shut and not tell *anyone* what we didn't see! teu45.gif