Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
giday from aus - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

giday from aus

greeny

Hi all.I have finally bought my s4s after years of dreaming about it.Its a 96,done 32000 klms,silver and goes like stink!Unfortunately doesn't stop real well as you will see in my tech question.Abs playing havoc.Any advise please add to my topic posted yesterday.I'm in Brisbane,Queensland, Australia,an active member in our Lotus club.The s4s adds to my 92 Excel and 94 Elan s2.WRX and ML320 complete the stable.Wife definately putting on the pressure to sell a Lotus or 2.(Three kids though so need at least the Excel so we can all go on club runs)

We have a great club here and if anyone is visiting you are always welcome to join us .

Anyway,hopefully s4s will be soughted soon so i have the confidence to stop.

greeny.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brakes were naff before they put on the Brembo setup which your car should have. I don't know for sure but a fluid change, pad change to some decent Hawk/Ferodo/Mintex pads and a short run-in should be enough providing there aint any serious issues. Braided hoses all round would be sensible too.

If you have the old pre-Kelsey-Hayes abs this apparently was naff too but I havent had any problems with it, it only kicks in when it needs to but then I have uprated r-compound tyres, brakes and bigger wheels on mine. sticks well in the dry.

Avoid greenstuf pads. they're ok for Granny drivers but a fast car won't stop in time with them. ouch!

I had them in my AP setup as a stop-gap then put in Ferodo DS2500. Friggin' night and day!!!!!

Hi all.I have finally bought my s4s after years of dreaming about it.Its a 96,done 32000 klms,silver and goes like stink!Unfortunately doesn't stop real well as you will see in my tech question.Abs playing havoc.Any advise please add to my topic posted yesterday.I'm in Brisbane,Queensland, Australia,an active member in our Lotus club.The s4s adds to my 92 Excel and 94 Elan s2.WRX and ML320 complete the stable.Wife definately putting on the pressure to sell a Lotus or 2.(Three kids though so need at least the Excel so we can all go on club runs)

We have a great club here and if anyone is visiting you are always welcome to join us .

Anyway,hopefully s4s will be soughted soon so i have the confidence to stop.

greeny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the forum, Greeny.

How many Loti are there in the Brisbane area apart from your collection? I just imagined that a Lotus club run would be 1 or 2 cars. Obviously I'm wrong.

IMG_0926.jpg

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Welcome to the forum, G'day and all that...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Hi Greeny and welcome to the tie me a kangaroo down sport forum :)

Think its great that there are lots of Austrians on the forum now :)

Sorry, cant help you with your S4s probs as I only know about the ultra good looking and breathtaking relyable Giugiaro styled Esprits :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Hi Greeny and welcome to the tie me a kangaroo down sport forum :huh:

Think its great that there are lots of Austrians on the forum now :P

Sorry, cant help you with your S4s probs as I only know about the ultra good looking and breathtaking  relyable Giugiaro styled Esprits :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to you and great pleasure with your S4S.Take time to understand her.

Patrick North of France where many Australians come each year in memory of the first world War.

"Aut tace aut loquere meliora silentio" Salvator Rosa when 25 years old National Gallery London

• 2 weeks later...

Did you buy it from WA?

Edited by andecorp

Welcome Greeny.

hope you get your brake problem fixed.

I have all the Lotus manuals (including ABS for 95 spec Brembo equipped cars) if that's of any help.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

I did buy the car from WA.(eventually)

Thanks for the offer of the manuals.I do want to get a copy of all the manuals(I have got the ABS manual now)I thought i might be able to find them on Cd somewhere.(I did for my Elan)

As it happens I have found the cartridge for the TECH 1 in Sydney and the owner is coming to Qld this week so i will plug her in and hopefully find out the exact problem so not to waste too much time or money!Otherwise the car is running great and getting better the more i drive it.(It has done little work over the last few years)

Should be coming to S.A. next year for the club national rally.Hopfully see you then.

I did buy the car from WA.(eventually)

Thanks for the offer of the manuals.I do want to get a copy of all  the manuals(I have got the ABS manual now)I thought i might be able to find them on Cd somewhere.(I did for my Elan)

As it happens I have found the cartridge for the TECH 1 in Sydney and the owner is coming to Qld this week so i will plug her in and hopefully find out the exact problem so not to waste too much time or money!Otherwise the car is running great and getting better the more i drive it.(It has done little work over the last few years)

Should be coming to S.A. next year for the club national rally.Hopfully see you then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is the owner the biggest tosser you ever met or what?? He's the first owner of the car and he managed to have the front end damaged twice. First he drove the car through a fence and second time he got 12 months jail after beating up his girlfriend so she scratched her name into the bonnet.

Both times the car was fixed by Phil Foster who is a master, so it is fixed VERY well.

It's a good one owner low mileage car, one of only two silver ones in Australia.

Glad to see it in a good home as it deserves.

Congrats.

I have extensive experience with the S4s in Australia, owning two at the same time at one stage. I've done quite a few upgrades to the current one I have and I can guide in the correct direction with a lot of what you require in order to keep the car running the way it should be.

Sorry, cant help you with your S4s probs as I only know about the ultra good looking and breathtaking  relyable Giugiaro styled Esprits :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wayne, glad to see u use any chance to hold down the G-car fort. You are an asset to our cause. haha

welcome to the forum. post pics of the car when you get the chance...

Shah

1979 Esprit S2. Long Beach, CA

...Is the owner the biggest tosser you ever met or what?? ....

Hey Andre that was me.

Just jerking you. B)

Welcome Greeny. We should do a head count of aussie owners. There must be more than a handful of us now; you, Andre, Simon, Kinkoz, one other I know of in Sydney, who else. Come on own up.

DanR

...Is the owner the biggest tosser you ever met or what?? ....

Hey Andre that was me.

Just jerking you.  B) 

Welcome Greeny. We should do a head count of aussie owners. There must be more than a handful of us now; you, Andre, Simon, Kinkoz, one other I know of in Sydney, who else. Come on own up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm down here too Dan - in Melbourne, just don't post much, more of a 'browser' usually. Might also be at the rally next year in SA, we'll see.

Cheers

David

Is the owner the biggest tosser you ever met or what?? He's the first owner of the car and he managed to have the front end damaged twice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, Greeny did say the brakes were bad.

Welcome to the madhouse, mate. Getting quite a contingent in Australia, now.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Notice to all you fine Australians out there.

Make sure you mark your spot on the forum's Membermap - just so we know who's out there. :D

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Guest Troy Halliday

I'm glad there is a few of you in Melbourne that way when I come over to visit my family you can help me with my withdrawal symptoms :lol:

Most of my family are in Paterson Lakes, well thats not true but the ones I like are :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hope to be an owner soon....can any body tell me about an aniversary (yellow) 1997 S4. I cant seem to find out much about this limited run model. Is it an S4 or S4s?? I am currently negotiating to buy one...many thanks and a big G'day to all the Croatian football (soccer) fans out there!!!

Hope to be an owner soon....can any body tell me about an aniversary (yellow) 1997 S4. I cant seem to find out much about this limited run model. Is it an S4 or S4s?? I am currently negotiating to buy one...many thanks and a big G'day to all the Croatian football (soccer) fans out there!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check out the other thread :(

All you Aussie guys, check out the thread in the Events forum that I posted about this year's Outback run.