Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Opening links in posts - Forum Info & Help - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Opening links in posts

MPx

For a while now, probably since the last s/w upgrade, every time I click on a link in a post I get a new IE window open and the link appear (which is what has always happened and is fine!) but also get the link start up in the original window which is annoying. I then have to not only close the link window, but also have to BACK in the original window to get back to the post. Its also hopeless for video links because both window streams start a few seconds apart so both audio are playing at once. I've looked for a setting somewhere like "open links in a new window", but cant find one. Doesn't happen with any other forum so its a TLF setting somewhere......but where?

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err no!

Using IE9 on Windows 7 and tried the link to the number plate site from the "Lotus plate" thread just now and I'm getting the same as Mike

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

:tumbleweed:

Sorry boss....I only check this site about 10 times a day and didn't spot these updates on the view-new-content lists (Doh!)

Cleared cache (by that I mean Tools, Delete history, Temp Internet Files Cookies and History - is that what you mean?) and still got (nearly) the same issue. An example would be in Ian's thread on the Nice Esprit Find, if I click the pistonheads link in post 30 - it appears both in a new window fired up, and the existing window that I clicked from. So that then requires a close in the new window and then a back in the original window to get back to the post. But I said nearly because I also tried the clicky in Cliffs latest post (34) in that thread and that works by swapping the link into the current window - so a back takes you back to the post with the clicky. Obvious difference is that Rob's link is to another site, whereas Cliffs link is to an old thread on here. Neither of these do what I'd ideally like - I want clickys to open in a new window so I can just close them and be back to the post where I clicked. Fussy or what :getmecoat: !

Bibs, the same thing happens with the link on the number plate thread and the Pistonheads one Mike mentioned. Cache scrubbed till you can see your face in it!

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

Have been dealing with this [minor nuisance] issue for so long I'd forgotten it was a problem. The "reverb" issue with video sound overlapping from two duplicate windows is "self correcting." It's become a reflex action now to close one. And having to use the "back" button on the remaining window (to return to the thread) has become second nature as well. I look at it as a touchpad cursor accuracy training exercise program. :lol:

But it would be nice to have the software guru eliminate the extra steps. :yes:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Problem seems to have been fixed. Thanks, Bibs. :thumbup:

Is this why my picture in my Coffs Harbour airport thread is not opening, tried it both in Firefox and chrome same thing, I'm not conscious of having done anything different.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Well, as John said, its working for me now in IE - tho haven't checked your thread specifically Roger. Ta muchly Bibbo!

Edited to say have checked your thread Rog and you didn't put the url inside the %7Boption%7D tags. A senior moment maybe??

Edited by MPx

Is this why my picture in my Coffs Harbour airport thread is not opening, tried it both in Firefox and chrome same thing, I'm not conscious of having done anything different.

No, it's because you just pasted a link to a picture. You need to either use the correct button (picture.png) or us [ IMG ] tags. There's a thread about how to post pictures in this section of the forum.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

"I'm not conscious of having done anything different."

This is a very deep (and underappreciated) concept in Philosophy, Roger. A lack of awareness of personal actions at the conscious level is actually quite common among the elderly. But I've found that being in the vicinity of a large wing shaped structure can provide a degree of directional stability to one's cognitive abilities. I suggest you move your computer to your garage area, in order for this osmotic effect to have the greatest chance for success. :)

:getmecoat: It was good when I used to drink, I could just say "Sorry must have been pi$$ed". Now it's more serious. :no

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)