Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Proposed LEGS Breakfast Meet 2nd October - Page 2 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Proposed LEGS Breakfast Meet 2nd October

Good man see you there, I won't be flying either.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great shots Jim. Was that the AMP3 track day last week?

Jim

Brilliant video.

Hope we get a nice day on Sunday.

Sandy,

Thanks for letting us know.

It's a bummer when work gets in the way.

Update:

Kingsfield Helicopters based at the Airfield have generously agreed to cover the costs and provide an R22 Helicopter and pilot to provide free flights for those interested in helicopters during the duration of the meet.

So in terms of flying opportunity..

That's a few Flexwing microlights, a fixed wing microlight, a gyrocopter, a helicopter and a Cessna or two.

Should be fun. Bet it snows!! :lol:

This just gets better and better and I still can't be there as playing offshore until 6th dammit. Looks like it is shaping up to be one of our best meets as well. Love the microlight shots over Knockhill.

Good luck with the weather you might just be lucky if this high over N Europe just hangs on a little bit longer.

I am going to be avidly checking here by about 15:00 on Sunday you realise!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

That is some Hangar.

Have not flown a helicopter since I retired in 1993, but it should be the same as sex, even after a long lay off it all comes back to you when you lay your hands on the right parts.

tut

Edited by tut

Cant say for certain but hope to tag along if things work out....no flight required.

Update:

Kingsfield Helicopters based at the Airfield have generously agreed to cover the costs and provide an R22 Helicopter and pilot to provide free flights for those interested in helicopters during the duration of the meet.

So in terms of flying opportunity..

That's a few Flexwing microlights, a fixed wing microlight, a gyrocopter, a helicopter and a Cessna or two.

Should be fun. Bet it snows!! :lol:

Jim, thats one hell of a day out you have planned there :)

Mmmmm sounds more and more interesting!!

Done far to many helicopter flights in my time but if there is a space free i wouldnt mind a go in a gyrocopter or a microlight ... no problem if they are booked up but if not then put me down please.

Please add our names to the list Neil and Euphan. We are fortunate its only 5mins from the home.

Euphan would love I fight in a microlight – I just want a video for her faceial expressions!

PLEASE NOTE THE SPEED CAMERA VAN HAVE BEEN USING THE STRAIGHT BETWEEN BURRLETON AND BALBEGGIE ON A94 ( Mains of Kethick Farm)

Jim, thats one hell of a day out you have planned there :)

Mmmmm sounds more and more interesting!!

Done far to many helicopter flights in my time but if there is a space free i wouldnt mind a go in a gyrocopter or a microlight ... no problem if they are booked up but if not then put me down please.

To fair, the Scottish Aero Club have been really keen to "join in" and seem as keen to see the cars and fly people as much as the drivers may be to see the aircraft and be flown. Even down to the small cafe agreeing to open up specially on the day so that the Breakfast Meet can actually get some Breakfast :)

As was mentioned in the initial proposal, the Club are obviously hoping that someone may decide to take up a new hobby, or enjoy a wee trial flight so much they want to come back for a longer one or even think about the Microlight / Gyrocopter Flying Vouchers as a gift. The helicopter pilot is a bike / car enthusiast and will be using his own helicopter to provide flights for like minded folk. I think that Kingsfield Helicopters are covering the cost of that again in the hope that if anyone in the future "thinks helicopter" whether that be learning to fly, trial flight, gift experience, corporate requirement etc then the will think of Kingsfield. All good.

There isn't any particular booking arrangement as such since the hope/expectation is that there should be enough folk to accomodate everyone over the period.

Anyhow.. parking on the day.

The main SAC carpark which has been set aside (for the nice cars) :) is the red/blue stripey one which is tucked down the back of the cafe.

There is a general carpark (yellow) available infront of the tower for those arriving incognito :)

sacparking.jpg

Perhaps i missed it Jim but do you have a post code for the Sat Nav?

Perhaps i missed it Jim but do you have a post code for the Sat Nav?

Good question :)

Perth Aerodrome, Scone, Perth, Scotland, PH2 6NP.

Guys,

Have a great time as will be very jealous. There was a glimmer of hope that I had to come back to the UK this week but that's unfortunately gone now.

I will try and send you some Saudi sunshine :-)

If any pilots are looking for a longer than planned flight, then more than welcome for you to bring in some contraband into my compound in the Kingdom:-) Complementary shisha on arrival.

George

Edited by douglasgdmw

Just as a quick update re food....

The onsite Airfield Cafe, "The Touchdown Cafe" (usually closed on a Sunday) has agreed to open especially on that Sunday from 10am till 12pm.

It is adjacent to the Scottish Aeroclub Clubroom and Hanger and serves big portions of typical "breakfast type" grub, scrummy rolls and the like.

I am hopeful one of the Gyrocopter Instructors will be on hand incase anyone fancies a bash at that..

So whats the proposed time for being there?

Edited by GordonMasson

Hi Gordon

The LEGS Breakfast meetings are from 10:00am until 12 midday. Most folks are there around 10 but some come later. as for the flying I suppose that will start about 10 as well and probably go on much longer than midday.