Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Proposed LEGS Breakfast Meet 2nd October - Page 3 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Proposed LEGS Breakfast Meet 2nd October

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and to prove it we are here and so are you. 30 cars in total which is fantastic considering the poor weather. Tried to upload a photograph through the iPhone app but got an error so photos to follow later.

I feel for you guys. Just phoned the missus and she was whinging that the conservatory roof was leaking in 2 places for the first time in years due to the heavy rain. As she is only about 25 miles from you guessed that you were a bit driecht where you are as well. :(

Still any of the 7/211/340 owners should be in their element up there with a lawn mower strapped to their back in the rain enjoying themselves. :unworthy:

We are having a glorious day half way between Shetland and Faroes. No cloud and nice gentle breeze but cool at 12C or so. Big contrast to other end of the UK and you are stuck in the middle. However tomorrow we are expecting force 12 and on upwards. Winds due through are a steady 65Kts (Force 12) and gusting 90 Kts (Hurricane). Seas expected to build rapidly to 10m significant and max 16m! Lovely part of the world. We are pulling everything to get disconnected from well before it hits and can see all our midweek choppers being cancelled or delayed which isn't good as due off Thursday :cry:

Great turnout though for the LEGS & Scottish Elises. :gathering: :gathering:

Looking forward to the photos of clouds. :sofa:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Big thanks to Jim Crosby for setting this up with the Scottish Aero Club. They played great hosts to us, and despite the lousy weather, put on a helicopter and a few microlights for us to muck around in. Great turnout by LEGS and Scottish Elises, with a few Ferrari's, a porker and a RR Evoque thrown in for good measure!

Roll on the better weather!

Who has the Evoque? Anybody on here? I would be keen to speak to him/her. I am 4,650 or something on the list despite ordering months before launch in Sept. Promised for Feb or March. (2 cars each with Evo names in the drive...... didn't think about it until after order placed.)

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Crap weather but a great day out all the same.... thanks for organising it :thumbsup:

Summer.jpg

el2.jpg

el3.jpg

front1.jpg

RearEnds.jpg

sy.jpg

spit1.jpg

spit2.jpg

Yes it was a wet, wet day but that didn't dampen the enthusiasm of the Lotus owners that turned up.

4 Esprit's, 3 Evora's, a Caterham, a 340r, M100 Elan and many Elise's and Exiges and a couple of Dancing Donkeys, a Porker and a Range Rover Evoque.

A few hardy souls took to the air in a couple of Microlights and a helicopter was doing circuits of the airfield.

A great day with fine breakfast rolls.

Thanks to Jim crosby (Renmure) for organising the day and thanks also to The Scottish Aero Club for playing host.

Hopefully we can return next year in the summertime.

I have posted a few of my photographs on the LEGS Facebook page so why not pop over there and have a look and click Like on our page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/LEGS-Lotus-Enthusiasts-Group-Scotland/186593408055708

just thought i would remind jim of the quote. :harhar:

Well... it wasn't windy :)

Hope everyone had an ok morning and enjoyed some of the stuff that goes on at the Scottish Aero Club.

I hadn't given any thought as to "queue management" or allocating places for folk to fly in different things since the plan was for there to be half a dozen microlights buzzing around the sky plus the gyrocopter, helicopter and a couple of the cessnas so that effectively there would be no need to queue.

Anyhow... despite the weather, the folk at the Aero Club thought it was a great day. They counted 38 cars and nearly 80 visitors to the Club (including friends of friends etc who came along just to see the cars!!) The helicopter guys gave 25 flights and were real stars as were the other pilots and the guy in the Control Tower behind the scenes who decided to take an optimistic view of the viability in allowing anything to get off the ground. The folk in the cafe also appreciated the custom.

If the Feedback is that this is something that you would like repeated then I am sure it can be arranged again for spring / early summer. Thoughts welcome.

Hi Jim as per our PM's but I'll just post it here as well so that all see it which will also hopefully generate some other members to post some feedback.

If I was at home whenever you pick I would definitely be up for turning out next year. Now that is the easy bit - but can you book the weather in advance? :hope:

I for one would appreciate another visit. Maybe LEGS could reciprocate by offering a blast up one of the runways (if its feasible to close it on the day) in our cars for Aeroclub members. Perhaps make it a fundraiser for charity by seeking donations for a ride/flight? Make it an annual event?

Jim, excellent effort. in light of the work you put into this, I've just gifted you a free full forum member upgrade for 12 months, well done :)

Golly, :blush: :blush: :) Thanks

Guess I can have a proper look around now :)

We will do it all again in Spring / Early summer. The SAC are keen.

Should be good with the sky buzzing with aircraft and the carpark stuffed with cars.