Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What do Evora 280 hp owners think about the Evora S ? - Page 3 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What do Evora 280 hp owners think about the Evora S ?

Cedwat

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally with Justin. A well driven NA will easily keep up or vice versa an S would never get past if out on the open roads. i.e. other than during track work.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Go and drive an S again, perhaps they've been improved. This car is 6 months old but straight out of the garage so fully up to date.

I've just driven 5,000 miles in the NA so have a clue about that which is indeed a very fast car, but the S is mentally fast. Yes, when you're at the top of 2nd, 3rd and 4th you're doing the same speed but the time getting there and adventure screaming up through the gear is, in my experience and opinion, more fun and faster. The car feels more urgent, sounds better, is a little firmer and just feels, well, quicker.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Just to give some news: I decided not to decide for now.

I keep my 400 hp C5 Corvette manual gear Corvette and will continue to upgrade it.

The reason being: I am afraid of getting married with the very early model of the Evora (this one is a 2009 model). The price was okay at less than 50 keuros for a sports ratio all equipped model. I am also worried of all the little problems the car already had : boot not closing, dead alpine set, windows not closing, vibrating brakes ... All of this at the dealers' !

Let's see in two years if there are interesting deals to be made on improved models ....

Edited by Cedwat

I'm guessing most dealers will have ordered their MY12 demonstrators... anyone know if they're ordering the 280 or the S ?

I'd definitely want to check out both, I don't really want to spend the extra £10k and if I do it needs be worthwhile for everyday, non track type driving... :driving:

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Real world performance on a twisty B-road is almost identical, an we had dealership organized runs where I was sitting in my S behind a NA and it never felt that the NA is slower. It is on track and Autobahn where you will feel the difference.

Edited by Sven76

Came on this part of the forum to ask the same question, N/A or S. My reason is because there are some cracking deals around on '11 model year cars at moment due to the '12 cars being just round the corner and an urgent need by Lotus to shift stock I guess. Leaning towards an S but wondering if it is really worth the extra 10 (ish) K that they seem to command. Almost to much choice between colour, spec etc.

Having driven the initial launch spec cars and not had the pleasure of driving an S yet I may well settle for an N/A this time round. Prbably end up with a higher spec'd car that way. Startstones certainly seem to have plenty of stock cars which have all been spec'd quite highly, Premium, tech, reverse camera, diamond cut wheels etc. Just a question of getting the best deal.

Edited by Mikie711

"The Sports pack is available as an option on Evora (fitted as standard on Evora S). It provides switchable sports mode with sharper throttle response, increased rpm limit and sports DPM setting, Sports diffuser, Titanium sports exhaust tailpipe, Engine oil cooler, Cross-drilled brake discs, and red painted brake calipers."

The red calipers are new to MY12 cars.

I certainly would have sprung for the S had it been available then but looking back I can't image the hell I would have gone through waiting over a year for the S. The Evora 280, as it is, gave me every bit the performance I desired. The S provides a little more oomph, sure, but I am already very happy with the 280, and I wouldn't trade the last 15 months for anything...

I certainly would have sprung for the S had it been available then but looking back I can't image the hell I would have gone through waiting over a year for the S. The Evora 280, as it is, gave me every bit the performance I desired. The S provides a little more oomph, sure, but I am already very happy with the 280, and I wouldn't trade the last 15 months for anything...

I love that!

Getting more and more important to DO things instead of THINKING about doing them as you get older ;-)

Real world performance on a twisty B-road is almost identical, an we had dealership organized runs where I was sitting in my S behind a NA and it never felt that the NA is slower. It is on track and Autobahn where you will feel the difference.

Completely with you, drove an S last month and felt the difference only above 120kph, long after my driving license was virtually lost, so I decided not to upgrade.