Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Factory visits? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Factory visits?

What's the deal with factory tours? I've never been and it's way overdue, plus if there's a chance of seeing some of the new colour range it might help the decision making process!

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Lotus owner of some 20 years standing I do not expect to pay 37 quid for the honour. Last time I went it was free invitation as an owner.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I don't mind making a small contribution towards Renault's F1 team, Swizz's bling and a bottle of plonk for one of Dani's parties... provided Lotus come up with the goods in the meantime! It's about time I went though...

I've been buying beer for 20 years, they don't give me any for free and I've got to pay £15 for a brewery tour!

*In reality, Lotus do give most Lotus owners a FoC tour if arranged through the right people. The charge is there for members of the public to tour the factory. FYI Classic Team Lotus charge for their tours too, £39.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I've been buying beer for 20 years, they don't give me any for free and I've got to pay £15 for a brewery tour!

*In reality, Lotus do give most Lotus owners a FoC tour if arranged through the right people. The charge is there for members of the public to tour the factory. FYI Classic Team Lotus charge for their tours too, £39.

Yeah I just saw the 'Heritage Tour' which is the factory tour plus CTL, it's £69 but I've spent far more on what are almost certainly less enjoyable days out!

http://www.lotusdrivingacademy.com/index.php/en/hethel/hethel-tours/hethel-heritage-tour

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Yes, Bibs.....I posted the link to the Telegraph in response to the statement: "Yeah I just saw the 'Heritage Tour' which is the factory tour plus CTL, it's £69 but I've spent far more on what are almost certainly less enjoyable days out!"

So I thought I'd suggest a few!! Gave me a chuckle, anyway....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Someday my sweetheart and I want to see England...avoiding the really touristy stuff and staying away from the large cities...this might be a good thing to add to the itinerary.

No need to lock up your beer right now though...no idea when we'll be able to get over there...

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

It's something i must also get round to doing, i'm happy to pay the money, heck these days thats cost of two people going to the cinema! At the end of the day there is no such thing as a free lunch, sure perhaps they did it free in the past, but it still costs them peoples time to show you round and talk to you.

Ben - no need to lock up the beer! Norfolk ale is fantastic and your more than welcome to as much of it as you can stomach :D

We turned up at the factory gates 18 years ago to ask about factory tours and was pretty much told to bog off by the security guard on the gate. Mind you we were in a triumph spitfire not a lotus. We were on honeymoon so we found other things to do instead..................... :)

• 2 weeks later...