Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
secondary injector resistor...your thoughts please! - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

secondary injector resistor...your thoughts please!

In the quest for the solution to code 26 ive discounted just about everything except the resistor for the secondaries. Since day one of driving ive always thought it lacked top end power..so espritmon was used to test all the 26b possible causes of the fault code. The button to activate the injectors appears to have no effect on the car.now the resistor module had a very poor fit, ie it wasa bit loose in the block.i was only getting a reading of about 0.7 volts on the injector side of the wiring. A bit of carefull modifying to the harness to get a tight fitment resulted in :13.7volts both before the resistor and after it at the injector end.so a bad connection there but still no active secondaries. So what should I be reading at tye injectors when they are not active...im suspecting the poor connection of the resistor has caused it to malfunction allowing tue, circuit to not perform ?" ill be looking at maplins for a 330ohm resistor and see if I can repair it before forking out for anew one. Ive actually got two..both of them are reading a resistance of5.4 ohms. One is the original one, the other fitted by previous owner in an attempt to solve code26. Am I on the right track? Are these readings indicating a working or non working system!

Also my spelling isnt that bad its my chunky fingers on the phone!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Darren,

A couple of things:

• The 4 primary injectors are of the "Peak and Hold" type, ie they are Low Impdance, 2 Ohms (info from EMH Manual)
  • The 2 Secondary injectors are of the Saturated type, ie they are high Impedance 16 Ohms (info from EMH Manual)
  • The Ballast resistor is 3.3 Ohms (info from EMH Manual)
  • All injectors are operated in pairs (connected in parrallel), primary 1 & 4 are a pair, primary 2 & 3 are a pair and the two secondaries are a pair which is connected in series with the ballast resistor.

Hope above information is helpfull.

Freek

Esprit Freak