Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cam Cover Paint - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Cam Cover Paint

Andjons

I want to paint my cam covers, but don't know what paint to use. I have seen reference to VHT red crinkle spray paint, but understand the colour may not be a very good match for the original. I have also seen reference to Dupli-color chevy orange, but cannot find anywhere that sells it in the UK.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the right brand and colour to use - and whetehr I should use a brush on paint, or an aerosol?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rover vermillion is a perfect colour match so you can spray first with crinkle red & then finish off with the vermillion for a perfect finish & colour match :thumbsup:

Cheers,

John W

I used the vht wrinkle, and used the proper extremely high temp primer too...but I repainted thecovers, chargecooler and plenum so a colour match was not an issue..good results but follow the instructions, also the use of an oven is better than using a heat gun to get the wrinkle finish.

Is the Rover vermillion the one from Halfords? Or where would you suggest getting it from?

That's the one I used - perfect match for my S4s :thumbsup:

Cheers,

John W

PlugLeads.jpg

Just to be difficult,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I don't like the crinkle finish in the engine bay, it makes it too hard keep clean. I cheated and use a gloss.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)