Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Raliegh Rally - Sherborne Castle - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Raliegh Rally - Sherborne Castle

MPx

Graham Illot (aka V8S on Pistonheads) organised another of his charidee days for the Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance today. The wall to wall sunshine clearly got to the Fezza brigade and they all came out en masse before wrapping their cars in fleece for the winter. Also a good showing of TVRs all sorts of fast Nissans, some interesting Rods and Americana, a few Porkers, Astons and a lovely Lambo. There were also a good array of fast dailies from all the usual hot hatches through the German Ms, RSs and AMGs to no less than 3 fast griffins - 2x Holdens and 1x VXR8. Probably about 150 ish cars overall....but most impressive was highest density of Rarris I've seen in one place for quite a while. Must have been 30 or so. Not many Lotus, but some interest.

Top of the pops was obviously Eleanor with new friend - perfect top down day!

IMG_6445.jpg

This Gold Leaf Elan was tidy enough

IMG_6451.jpg

Not seen this colour of V8 Esprit before (also posted in spotted)

IMG_6452.jpg

I saw one other Elise and an Exige at one point but they'd gone before I got my camera out.

Most interesting Lotus of the day tho was this 211. Had clearly been through Scott Walker's hands. Signed by Hazel and possibly Clive (but couldn't decipher the sig!). Looked cool.

IMG_6449.jpg

IMG_6446.jpg

IMG_6447.jpg

IMG_6448.jpg

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I'm guessing relatively close(ish) to you then Mike. This was Salisbury a month ago.

photo-113.jpg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Good spot Ian. Lets hope we see it around some more. I've not been for a ride in one of those yet...

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Scott sold that car about 2 months ago, it's his old personal car, build number 211 and that's Hazel and Clive's scribbles! It was going to be on our Donington display but the owner went to a closer to home meet instead. Nice to see he's getting out in it, hope he's using it on track too. I met him and his wife at Scott's, nice guy, lots of Lotus background.

The gold V8 is the ex Mike Bews, ex press car. If you've got a set of Gumball Top Trumps cards, it's on one of those too :)

post-1-0-24148200-1317630872.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.