Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Le Mans - we is going again ! - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Le Mans - we is going again !

Dave Freeman

Hi all, we enjoyed Le Mans so much last year we are goings again, booking the camp site answer speak.

We expect to catch the first train on Friday morning. This time we are staying until late sunday, we will get the first train train back to the uk on Monday morning.

Looking forward to decorating the car again.

Who else is making the trip - of course we will be in the Lotus.

Dave

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be there from The Sunday to the following Monday. Camping in Houx, the same as last year. Taking the caravan this year and the Landy :) Lotus and Porker stay at home. Mmmmmmm, fridge :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Dave,

You are missing so much by not geting there Thursday. Loads of events around the town on Friday, Classic British Welcome, Pistonheads events, not to mention qualifying on Thursday night.

I will be going down First thing Thursday, back last thing Monday, then its just a couple of weeks till the Classic.

Paul, I did Sunday to Monday first time I went in 95, great week. Scrutineering Monday, both Qualy sessions, loads of drinking and cocking about time, fantastic.

Edited by gasmangt3

• 5 weeks later...

Hah, assuming your not trying to get in the parade again you norty boy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I managed to get breathalised at Beaujsour roundabout due to a very noisy stickered up Porker.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Get the tram. Its a 10 minute ride.

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bleu Sud?

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 1 month later...

My tickets have arrived. Yay :)

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, everyone. I'm here, I live here, but camping at Mulsanne as too many mates from UK come over and don't want to fall out with err in doors. My Turbo Esprit is all ready. I was out an about this morning. Managed a trip round the circuit before they start the process closing the road for the qualification. Friend of mine spotted a nice Turbo Esprit, white, with gold lettering in town. Anyone on here the owner? Would be good to meet up. CBW at St Saturnin friday morning. Also meet up at The Bounty put in

Etang des Chères. Its run by Brits, proper bar, and London Pride on tap. Well I hope to see you Bibbs, and the owner of the white Turbo Esprit. Cheers, Eddie

Hi Hopo, Best I PM you. You have the same colour car Turbo Esprit, like me then? My car broke down during Le Mans. Looks like battery and spark plug issues. Nothing major. Will find out tomorrow. My Esprit seems to get through spark plugs. Is that normal?

Had a great time at le mans, car went really well, we stayed up all night to watch the race, Porsche curves, Dunlop etc.

Watched a hurse do a burn out, sham he blow his diff up. Saw the corvette loose a wheel just in front of us. Had a very near fight with a French man who wanted to show every one his arse and cock, wife was not impress (very small I was told).

Also to spoil the weekend a shredded a pair of rear tyres, when I got home there was no tread left. Not I add from racing or pace making, but from the shabby wheel alignment, it looks like they have scrubbed.

New ones going on tomorrow.

Apart from that, great time had by all, like to put some pictures up, but I have had enough of trying to put pictures up on this site, never works for so I have given up.

Anyway, great fun, looking forward to next year..