Festival of Speed - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Festival of Speed

Mark Blanchard

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be there, in court all next week etc (bugger nuts)

Saw mark last year in bizar circumstances... :)

90% sure I'll be there saturday, in the Esprit, of course B)

(got so many thumbs up last year)

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

For anyone who hasn't been, the FoS is a superb day out and a 'must do' for anyone into cars and/or motorsport.

I've been every year for the last 5 years or so, and have thoroughly enjoyed it each time. But the most memorable moment for me happened the first year I attended - being bumped into (literally) by a petite blonde woman clad in full leathers.

Turned around to find myself face to face with VBH, who apologised, flashing me a very coy smile :). Being your typical suave, sophisticated and deboniar man-about-town... I was immediately reduced to a stammering heap of jelly :) .

Take it from me - TV just does not do that girl justice.

I hope to be there on Friday, Getting time off work permitting.

In a way it's got to be the better day to go, esp if you can get there first thing. Less traffic in getting there & less people. So you can at least get round the paddock & see the cars. much after 2pm & its chocca.

Overall a Great Day :)

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

Seems friday is the day to go!

*IF* I can go I shall try to skive off - the if is more the car than the time!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Got a family wedding and stuff on the Fri/Sat but a couple of us are getting out of the hotel early to be there on the Sunday. I'll be in the truck so no doubt scorned by the Lotifosi - but nobody knows what you came in once you're inside :) !

Anybody else going Sunday??

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

:P going Sunday ( Early ) with a group of mates. Not taking the Esprit as being picked up :) will be leaving by 5.30pm to get back of the World Cup final... :P

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I'll be there on Friday.. its kinda work as I'm meeting several customers! :)

Connaught are launching their car (in production form), with our touchscreen audio/nav system.

Also, The Caparo T1 is going to be on static display (freestream) with our system fitted.

Will

Got a family wedding and stuff on the Fri/Sat but a couple of us are getting out of the hotel early to be there on the Sunday.  I'll be in the truck so no doubt scorned by the Lotifosi - but nobody knows what you came in once you're inside :)

Anybody else going Sunday??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hopefully going on sunday. Been for the last three years, always a good day out!

If anyones interested I've got a few spare tickets for Friday (free).

If I cant go due to court I might have more but I wont know until very late in the week (pos thurs)

Going Saturday anyways, if you see a red Esprit with no plate, that'll be me B)

EDIT

Scrub that they've been taken already !

Edited by Jonathan

Heh - I am so sun burnt B)

Classic Lotus stand had a new DVD for sale on the Type72 season (fittipaldis winning season) -= had to buy something, the young lady on the stall was smoking (and I don't mean puffing a cigarette either).

Booked myself into a test drive with one of these http://www.javansportscars.com/

Turns out the guy who designed it has the exact same ideas for a small sports car as I have, spent ages talking about the chassis and stuff - only prob is at

Sorry James the veyron did go up the hill was one of the few cars i actually watched.

First time i have actually been and i must say i was very impressed, didnt spend much time watching the hill at all but still took 7hrs to wander round and by no means did I see it all camera died, but luckily just after the supercar paddock!!

pics to follow

3d6125ca.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) I want one !!!!

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Went Saturday, fantastic. Burnt to a crisp to boot. I was amazed how quiet the Veyron was and he was pushing it quite hard up the hill. Loved the JPS Lotus', driven up by Nigel Mansell (who also took 'Red 5', his Indycar up) and Bruno Senna (Ayrtons's nephew). Virtually all the F1 guys (7 teams were there Saturday) took this years (!) or last years cars up on demo runs - and probably ruined a few dozen sets of tyres in the process. They obviously enjoyed themselves. Some bright sparked had programmed the Renault static display F1 beast to play tunes with its engine, using a combination of revs and mixture it managed a stirring version of the National Anthem!

Phoned my mate Tom Alexander who's Aston Martin GT3 DBR9 was parked by the Goodwood 'office' with no crowd barrier. It was testing at Spa last week and here it was being sat on by snotty nosed kids and being prodded by their Dads. He was not best pleased!

It was a 900 mile round trip for me and the Esprit never missed a beat, despite queuing for 45 minutes in the heat. She ran perfectly and attracted her fair share of admirers in the car park. Did anyone else go Saturday? I didn't see any other Esprits. Mind you, I've yet to see another one on the road since buying it in October last year.

Ya I was there Saturday as well.

LOL missed the F1 car plaing tunes - would loved to have seen that.

No Esprit though, wouldn't start again and the alarm was kicking in :lol:

New battery time I think, the old one holds a charge but seems to struggle turning the engine over, think its the original :D

Seems to be 2 treads on this topic

http://www.glcforum.com/esprit/forums/inde...?showtopic=4956

see here

Cliff :lol:

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein